warnockdavid

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I have a new one. Just changed my daughter's CPU fan. Turned on fine, system booted. Had it laying on it's right side while I was working. Turned it off, stood it up and turned it on, System fans run but no boot. PSU Fans not running, in or out. My power supply tester says all PS voltages are good.

What have I done now? This is an ULTRA 600W PS. Not the best, but it's been a steady performer.

This system has: XFX 8200 MBO, AM2 5800+ 3.0 MHZ CPU, Blue Orb CPU Fan, 4 GB Corsair XMS Ram, WD 650 GB HDD, Seagate DESK 500 GB USB drive, XFX GT 9600 Video, Ultra 600 W PSU , in an old LIAN LI P60 with two 120mm Blow holes.

I'd change the PS for GPs but don't have a spare. Any ideas?

David

Solution
Sounds like a possible short. You may have to take the system apart and breadboard it to see if it runs outside the case. Make sure all the standoffs line up with a hole in the motherboard and that there are no extra standoffs installed.

The READ before posting about boot problems! sticky at the top of the forum has a lot more troubleshooting ideas. It would be a good idea to go through the entire checklist to narrow down the cause of the problem.

warnockdavid

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009

Changed PS to ULTRA CONNECT VS. NO Change.

Reset CMOS, checked all connections, removed and added back DVD Drives, USB Drive and Video card - several times individually and together. NO HELP. Dell digital monitor has message saying Digital in power save mode, hit any key or move mouse to waken. Can't clear message. Tried on board video, same message. Tried analog monitor, received, no input message.

All fans running, all lights lighted NO BOOT.

Any ideas, I'm stumped. Please help.

David

Sounds like a possible short. You may have to take the system apart and breadboard it to see if it runs outside the case. Make sure all the standoffs line up with a hole in the motherboard and that there are no extra standoffs installed.

The READ before posting about boot problems! sticky at the top of the forum has a lot more troubleshooting ideas. It would be a good idea to go through the entire checklist to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Solution