Sign in with
Your question

Safe overclocking with amd 965 phenom x4

Last response: in Overclocking
July 13, 2012 9:45:34 PM

Hi. I have an AMD 965 phenom x4 and changed 1 of the options in bios to run at 3.8ghz, something like x18 I think it was and left everything else on auto. Have I done it properly or do I need to change anything else. All checks have shown run speed of 3.8ghz up from 3.4ghz. Mobo is Asus M5A78L-M/USB3. Windows 7 x64.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 14, 2012 6:49:09 PM

Thats fine as long as its stable.

If you get a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), You will probably need to disable "Spread Spectrum" and "Cool 'n' Quiet".

Once you disabled them settings, and you Still get a BSOD, Add a lil more vcore if needed. That will increse temps and don't go crazy with the vcore (CPU Voltage)
July 16, 2012 2:37:02 AM

Viking2121 said:
Thats fine as long as its stable.

If you get a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), You will probably need to disable "Spread Spectrum" and "Cool 'n' Quiet".

Once you disabled them settings, and you Still get a BSOD, Add a lil more vcore if needed. That will increse temps and don't go crazy with the vcore (CPU Voltage)

As said here. Every time you make a change, do a stability test with prime95. Take your time, and don't get discouraged when you get the BSOD.
!