installing sims2 over network?

is this possible?

to put cdrom in one computer on my network, and install the game to a shared
drive on another computer?

"Christo" <chris@juststuffnospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> is this possible?
>
> to put cdrom in one computer on my network, and install the game to a
> shared drive on another computer?

Well, I have the game installed to my hard drive, but I do have My documents
(the saved games & such) out on a server. I had to map it to a drive
letter; the game can't handle UNC names apparently (which is dumb...).
Also, I'm using offline file storage, and find that it's best if I sync and
then log off the network before I play or else I have massive lag, and,
weirdly, it'll make thousands of 0Kb files!

Joanna