Sign in with
Your question
Solved

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240? Or RX240?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 14, 2012 5:45:40 PM

Hi, I'm seeking answers for the Rasa 750 RS240 watercooling solution. I want to get this kit, but I'm having trouble finding it in stock. I'm also having trouble deciding between the H100 and this. I know the Rasa kit is better, but the H100 is easier and little less expensive. According to some reviews alot of people are having trouble with the pump and noise with the H100.

I also wanted to know how long the pumps usually last in the Rasa kits. I don't want to have to replace it just after a couple months of use. I'd also appreciate it if you guys could list the differences, pros, and cons of the H100, Rasa RS240, and the RX240 kits.

I plan on overclocking my 3570k to 4.0-4.5GHz. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 14, 2012 10:13:34 PM

H100
Pros:
Easy to set up
Cheaper
Performs better than most common air coolers

Cons:
Performs worse than a true WC loop
Poor pump performance
Not-so-great airflow (due to the fans and rad design)
Expensive for something that doesn't perform significantly better than some air coolers and is roughly the same price as an entry level watercooling kit

RS240
Pros:
Costs ~same as the H100 but better parts/performance
Kit loop - easier to assemble than totally custom loop
Thin rad for CPU only loops, fits nicely in some cases that are crunched for space
Performs better than all-in-one coolers

Cons:
Doesn't perform as well as some better loops (RX240)
Requires assembly
Built-in pump is hit or miss (arguably as/more reliable than H100 pump)

The RX240 will perform better than the RS240 if you have the room. I would also suggest getting one of FrozenCPU's customized RS/RX kits that include a D5/MCP655 pump rather than the stock one. I ran one for a while, and it was easy to use and relatively quiet, but if you're looking to get into WCing for the long term I would invest in a pump like the D5 that you can use for the next several years. It's strong enough that you could add a GPU along with another rad.
July 14, 2012 10:47:18 PM

Best answer selected by DeusAres.
Related resources
July 14, 2012 11:11:44 PM

boiler1990 said:
H100
Pros:
Easy to set up
Cheaper
Performs better than most common air coolers

Cons:
Performs worse than a true WC loop
Poor pump performance
Not-so-great airflow (due to the fans and rad design)
Expensive for something that doesn't perform significantly better than some air coolers and is roughly the same price as an entry level watercooling kit

RS240
Pros:
Costs ~same as the H100 but better parts/performance
Kit loop - easier to assemble than totally custom loop
Thin rad for CPU only loops, fits nicely in some cases that are crunched for space
Performs better than all-in-one coolers

Cons:
Doesn't perform as well as some better loops (RX240)
Requires assembly
Built-in pump is hit or miss (arguably as/more reliable than H100 pump)

The RX240 will perform better than the RS240 if you have the room. I would also suggest getting one of FrozenCPU's customized RS/RX kits that include a D5/MCP655 pump rather than the stock one. I ran one for a while, and it was easy to use and relatively quiet, but if you're looking to get into WCing for the long term I would invest in a pump like the D5 that you can use for the next several years. It's strong enough that you could add a GPU along with another rad.

I only plan on watercooling the cpu for now. I'm going to be getting gigabyte's version of the gtx 670 and I'm not so certain they're capable of being watercooled without modding. I want to get this case...
http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Hundred-V3-Tower-Gaming/dp/...

or this one...
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Tower-Case-RC-922M-...

I'm wondering how well the RS/RX 240 would fit in either of those cases. If I go with the antec I plan on removing 6 of the 3.5 inch bays and mounting it in front of the front 120mm intake fans.

If I get the HAF 922 I wanted to replace the top 200mm exhaust fan with the rad and two 120mm fans, then place the 200mm as an intake on the side panel.

Which one of these setups would work best? And would I be able to put either of those setups in a push/pull configuration with 4 120mm fans attached to the rad? Or if you have any other recommendations, that would be great too.
a b K Overclocking
July 14, 2012 11:45:46 PM

I think the HAF 922 will work a little better, since you don't have to mess with the drive bays and such. It's also a monster mid tower with some nicer features; Antec's cases have gotten very stale lately.

You technically don't have to mod the GPUs (necessarily); you just unscrew the cooler from the PCB and attach the waterblock.
July 15, 2012 12:56:39 AM

boiler1990 said:
I think the HAF 922 will work a little better, since you don't have to mess with the drive bays and such. It's also a monster mid tower with some nicer features; Antec's cases have gotten very stale lately.

You technically don't have to mod the GPUs (necessarily); you just unscrew the cooler from the PCB and attach the waterblock.

Awesome, one more question...

Say if I wanted to go to a LAN party or needed to transport my water cooled system, would I need to take everything apart to transport it or would it be ok to leave everything as is?
a b K Overclocking
July 15, 2012 1:10:25 AM

Assuming you assemble it properly, it'll be fine to transport. I've moved my rig at least 3 times with all of the WC stuff in it. Take a little bit extra care, but it should be fine either way.
a c 324 K Overclocking
July 15, 2012 2:29:15 AM

I've done a lot of LAN traveling in the past with my WC rigs...never had an issue.
!