Random freezes sometimes on startup.

shadowclaws

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Hello

I have been having this computer problem for about a year now, happening sometimes once a month or sometimes 3x a week. Sometimes when I first start my computer in the morning, it would say the hard drive cannot be found and would not load windows. I would just try again in 5mins-1hr and the computer would work normally again. Also sometimes when I am in windows, it would sometimes randomly freeze and would not start up again with the same complaint about inserting a bootable system. But after a few hours of off time, I would go back to start the computer and it would be fine.

I have tried upgrading from windows Vista to Windows 7. Also I tried reinstalling OS with different hard drives. But after a while, the problem always comes back. The computer is pretty new (2-3yrs old) and is not overclocked at all. I ran some software tests on everything (memtest, hard drive tests, passmark burnin tests, etc) and all the tests would come back fine. The temperature of cpu is always around 40degrees C.

My specs:
Asus P5Q Pro Mobo
Intel Q9550 2.83ghz
4gb Gskill ddr2
Ati 4850 gpu
60gb Ocz ssd (OS)
500gb WD Hard drive
Antec 650W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 32bit

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks