Sign in with
Your question

Random Video Freeze with new PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 27, 2009 4:24:17 AM

I just recently built a PC and I am noticing a very annoying video frame freeze issue

Video card: Sapphire Toxic 4870 1GB
Processor: AMD Athlon Phenom II 955

I notice the issue only in video games at first I noticed random 2-3 second video freezes almost like I am lagging in the game but am not this is happening in either Warcraft III or World of Warcraft and I assume it would happen in any video game but I currently do not have any others installed right now. The problem occurs almost once a minute and is VERYYYYY ANNOYING. I have the latest version of the ATi Catalyst software and basically have no idea where to go from here to diagnose this problem. Does anyone think there is any chance that if I upgrade to Windows 7 the issue might go away?

More about : random video freeze

December 27, 2009 7:22:19 AM

jdbaker82 said:
I just recently built a PC and I am noticing a very annoying video frame freeze issue

Video card: Sapphire Toxic 4870 1GB
Processor: AMD Athlon Phenom II 955

I notice the issue only in video games at first I noticed random 2-3 second video freezes almost like I am lagging in the game but am not this is happening in either Warcraft III or World of Warcraft and I assume it would happen in any video game but I currently do not have any others installed right now. The problem occurs almost once a minute and is VERYYYYY ANNOYING. I have the latest version of the ATi Catalyst software and basically have no idea where to go from here to diagnose this problem. Does anyone think there is any chance that if I upgrade to Windows 7 the issue might go away?

Wow so Windows 7 for whatever reason did indeed fix the issue, I assume its because the catalyst has different drivers and that was the problem with Vista 64.

Glad it was that easy!
!