TS2: University. Should I?

I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not quite
convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is the pool
table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game and i was hoping
for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.

Not Sure

Suswa

Suswa wrote:
> I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not
> quite convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is
> the pool table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game
> and i was hoping for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.

Well, that's pretty much all that is in Uni. There's very little new
objects other than the pool table.

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Suswa wrote:
>> I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not
>> quite convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is
>> the pool table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game
>> and i was hoping for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.
>
> Well, that's pretty much all that is in Uni. There's very little new
> objects other than the pool table.

so the people who make the sims are making lots of money for not as much
work

pretty dodgey huh?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Christo" <chris@juststuffnospam.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Suswa wrote:
>>> I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not
>>> quite convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is
>>> the pool table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game
>>> and i was hoping for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.
>>
>> Well, that's pretty much all that is in Uni. There's very little new
>> objects other than the pool table.
>>

> so the people who make the sims are making lots of money for not as much
> work
>
> pretty dodgey huh?

They are living my dream ;o)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:48:45 +1000, Suswa <ME@HOME> wrote:

> I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not quite
> convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is the pool
> table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game and i was
> hoping
> for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.

Once you have played an educated Sim, you will wince when you go back to
playing their rough and uncultured elders. A fully university educated
Sim will have 6 want slots and two locks. Just like in real life,
education translates into better health and a longer life, since they can
fulfill more wants, live more of their life in platinum mode and have
plenty of Elixir of Life. Eventually they may reach their life goal (new
feature) and live out the rest of their life in platinum mode. They are
certainly going to listen to the music from their college years for the
rest of their life, because it is the best yet, despite other stations
also being extended with new music. And once you get used to mobile
phones, you will wonder how you ever did without them. Just don't get any
of those MP3 players, they are disgustingly addictive and you can never
wrench them from your Sims as long as they live. It's better to let the
Sims get their fun from playing ball, or a good pillow fight among
friends... Or perhaps make a band with the new three instruments: Guitar,
bass and drums. And don't get me started on the new ability to convince
irritating neighbors (or at worst the paperboy) to clean your house for
you for free. Finally you can get back at Komei for kicking over your
trash can last year!

Really, it's a pretty big difference. Lots of small upgrades all over the
gameplay. I'm glad I bought it, although the game is now getting a bit too
slow on my old machine. If you have a fairly recent video card (last three
years or so) you should be fine. Otherwise avoid it. Because you're not
likely to ever go back.

good sign." -G

That settles it, I am definitely NOT interested!!
Sims should not be like real life, IMO!
Heck my sims want too much as is...........they get one raise and want every
expensive item they can think of :(

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:48:45 +1000, Suswa <ME@HOME> wrote:
>
> > I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not
quite
> > convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is the pool
> > table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game and i was
> > hoping
> > for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.
>
> Once you have played an educated Sim, you will wince when you go back to
> playing their rough and uncultured elders. A fully university educated
> Sim will have 6 want slots and two locks. Just like in real life,
> education translates into better health and a longer life, since they can
> fulfill more wants, live more of their life in platinum mode and have
> plenty of Elixir of Life. Eventually they may reach their life goal (new
> feature) and live out the rest of their life in platinum mode. They are
> certainly going to listen to the music from their college years for the
> rest of their life, because it is the best yet, despite other stations
> also being extended with new music. And once you get used to mobile
> phones, you will wonder how you ever did without them. Just don't get any
> of those MP3 players, they are disgustingly addictive and you can never
> wrench them from your Sims as long as they live. It's better to let the
> Sims get their fun from playing ball, or a good pillow fight among
> friends... Or perhaps make a band with the new three instruments: Guitar,
> bass and drums. And don't get me started on the new ability to convince
> irritating neighbors (or at worst the paperboy) to clean your house for
> you for free. Finally you can get back at Komei for kicking over your
> trash can last year!
>
> Really, it's a pretty big difference. Lots of small upgrades all over the
> gameplay. I'm glad I bought it, although the game is now getting a bit too
> slow on my old machine. If you have a fairly recent video card (last three
> years or so) you should be fine. Otherwise avoid it. Because you're not
> likely to ever go back.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Suswa wrote:
>> I've been thinking about getting the Sims 2 University, but i'm not
>> quite convinsed that it's worth it. All that looks good in having is
>> the pool table and the uni itself. I know very little about the game
>> and i was hoping for some advice if i should spend my $$$ on it.
>
> Well, that's pretty much all that is in Uni. There's very little new
> objects other than the pool table.

Yes, there's just the pool table, if you happen to ignore every single other
new and useful object that comes with the expansion, not to mention the
gameplay changes that comprise the bulk of the expansion.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:05:01 -0500, Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> That settles it, I am definitely NOT interested!!
> Sims should not be like real life, IMO!
> Heck my sims want too much as is...........they get one raise and want
> every expensive item they can think of :(

Heh. To each their own. Since I often play Knowlegde Sims, who mostly
want improbable things like "be saved from death" or "see a ghost" (in
neighborhoods with no ghosts), it's nice to be able to give them something
they want before they start to despair. ^_^

good sign." -G