Sign in with
Your question

XFX ATI Radeon HD 4670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 27, 2009 5:30:16 AM

i want to ask about the graphics card XFX ATI Radeon HD 4670(1gb & DDR2). Has it got the ability to run the latest games available now & coming in the near future?
currently i have got the following system:
dual core(2.5 ghz) E5200
1 gb kingston ram(DDR 2,bus 800 mhz)
intel DG31PR motherboard
samsung combo drive

can this card mentioned above will prove fruitful for 2 to 3 years for gaming?

More about : xfx ati radeon 4670

December 27, 2009 7:13:32 AM

this is a great low budget car (under$75). it beats any nvidia offering at the price point. i believe that it can play any modern game with exception of crysis at 1280 by 1024. the benefit of ati's cards, this one in particular is that they excel when turning on eye candy such as anti aliasing or hdr, bloom effects. i can't guarantee anything for the next two years. to be honest, this card is a low profile and will actually bottleneck your processor in future games that are graphically demanding. your cpu has tremendous overclocking potential so if it does lag in the future, (it won't) you have room to grow. Because of the price point and current availability, i would buy two while they are still being manufactured. but your motherboard may not support it. Check for 2 pci express slots. sorry for such an excessive post. to answer your question, this card will do great at the resolution i posted and should last another year easily. For $60 and the XFX name, it can't be beat. Happy Gaming!!! :) 
m
l
Related resources
December 27, 2009 8:12:19 AM

Yeah, definitely avoid the DDR2 HD4670
m
l
December 27, 2009 9:35:25 AM

A 512MB DDR3 4670 will perform better than 1GB DDR2 4670.

For gaming it is also very recommended to add another 1GB RAM for a total of 2GB even if you have Win XP.
m
l
December 27, 2009 11:43:15 AM

Your RAM is very low.Even on XP newer games easily consumes 1Gig itself.And thats even more with vista and 7.
You'll see good improvements if you increase your RAM by 3-4 GB.
m
l
!