Noctua NH-D14 + Lian Li PC-P80N

Nietzsche

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hello guys,

I would like to ask you a few questions and I hope that someone will be able to help me. I have already purchased i7 3770K together with Enermax Platimax 1000W PSU and 2 GTX 680s from Zotac for my triple display setup. I am still waiting for motherboard (Maximus V or P8Z77V Premium, not sure yet) and CPU cooler Noctua NH-D14. I did some research about this cooler compatibility with Lian Li PC-P80N and I was not able to find a lot of information.

My question: Is Noctua NH-D14 going to fit in this case (Lian Li PC-P80N) due to PCI-cards holder or should I be looking for another case? I am about to order Lian Li from Germany for 350 Euros and I will be very sad if I can't fit Noctua cooler inside. I also don't know if EATX motherboard is going to cover all those cabel menagement holes on motherboard's backplate of this Lian Li big tower case? I would appreciate any kind of help.

Best regards from Austria!

bigbasedrum

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
It should fit. Although I'm not exactly sure what your worried about (meaning are you worried about the cooler being to high and hitting the side panel, or some other space issues.)

Nietzsche

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hi there,

Cheers for the replay!
In the meantime I received an answer regarding this matter from someone who already tried to fit Noctua NH-D14 and I have to say that Lian Li is not compatible with this cooler. The reason is a case's main support beam that's in the way. I can't unscrew that or simply remove it with a saw or anything because that would render the case unstable.
I will have to buy another case like SilverStone TJ10 or something similar to Lian Li, since I am a very big fan of Lian Li aluminum cases. They might be outdated at the moment though, but still one of the best looking cases (silent as well) on the market imo. Could you recommend something similar or better maybe? All I could find as a replacement is SilverStone.

TRENDING THREADS