Sims 2 WOrks fine albeir slow, University wont even run

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2005 8:10:29 AM

Just a quick question.

I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going to buy a
new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make things better.
But my issue right now is that University wont even install? Has anyone
herd of this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Rob
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2005 8:10:30 AM

sendTWOrobAT@gmail.com wrote:
> Just a quick question.
>
> I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going
> buy a new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make
> things better. But my issue right now is that University wont even
> install? Has anyone herd of this problem?

Well, why won't it install? If it stops at 66% or so, then it could be
a bad disc (those are apaprently common)
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 28, 2005 4:46:46 AM

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:10:29 GMT, <sendTWOrobAT@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going to
> buy a
> new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make things better.
> But my issue right now is that University wont even install? Has anyone
> herd of this problem?

Lack of video cards will not stop the install. Lack of hard disk space
could, or a defect on one of the CDs. Does the problem appear during
change of CD when you install? Or do you get any error message?

good sign." -G
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 29, 2005 5:14:21 PM

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:10:29 GMT, sendTWOrobAT@gmail.com wrote:

>Just a quick question.
>
>I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going to buy a
>new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make things better.
>But my issue right now is that University wont even install? Has anyone
>herd of this problem?
>

>Any help is greatly appreciated
>
>Rob

When I first got University EVERY Time I tried installing it, It would
install fine until it got to the final checking for updates (or maybe
updating) stage, then it would uninstall completely. :(  I finely
ended up uninstalling my Sims 2 Completely and reinstalling both the
Sims 2 and University from scratch, which Worked! ^_^ If you go this
route, Make Sure that you Copy your Sims 2 Family Saves to another
part of your HD to keep from possibly loosing them...

On a positive note, I do remember reading in a Sims 2 Web Forum
somewhere AFTER I reinstalled everything, that there is a known
problem installing University. If I remember correctly, people that
have installed just one of the (I think 2) Sims 2 patches/updates have
problems installing University. To correct the problem (if I remember
correctly) install BOTH or NO updates (University will update your
Sims 2) to your Sims 2 game, then try installing University...

Good Luck! ^_^

That's my 2ยข,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
!