Sims 2 WOrks fine albeir slow, University wont even run

Just a quick question.

I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going to buy a
new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make things better.
But my issue right now is that University wont even install? Has anyone
herd of this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Rob
3 answers Last reply
More about sims works fine albeir slow university wont

    sendTWOrobAT@gmail.com wrote:
    > Just a quick question.
    >
    > I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going
    > buy a new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make
    > things better. But my issue right now is that University wont even
    > install? Has anyone herd of this problem?

    Well, why won't it install? If it stops at 66% or so, then it could be
    a bad disc (those are apaprently common)

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:10:29 GMT, <sendTWOrobAT@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going to
    > buy a
    > new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make things better.
    > But my issue right now is that University wont even install? Has anyone
    > herd of this problem?

    Lack of video cards will not stop the install. Lack of hard disk space
    could, or a defect on one of the CDs. Does the problem appear during
    change of CD when you install? Or do you get any error message?

    good sign." -G

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:10:29 GMT, sendTWOrobAT@gmail.com wrote:

    >Just a quick question.
    >
    >I have Sims 2 running on my slightly beefed up Dell 2400. Im going to buy a
    >new video card this month with 128MB RAM. That should make things better.
    >But my issue right now is that University wont even install? Has anyone
    >herd of this problem?
    >

    >Any help is greatly appreciated
    >
    >Rob

    When I first got University EVERY Time I tried installing it, It would
    install fine until it got to the final checking for updates (or maybe
    updating) stage, then it would uninstall completely. :( I finely
    ended up uninstalling my Sims 2 Completely and reinstalling both the
    Sims 2 and University from scratch, which Worked! ^_^ If you go this
    route, Make Sure that you Copy your Sims 2 Family Saves to another
    part of your HD to keep from possibly loosing them...

    On a positive note, I do remember reading in a Sims 2 Web Forum
    somewhere AFTER I reinstalled everything, that there is a known
    problem installing University. If I remember correctly, people that
    have installed just one of the (I think 2) Sims 2 patches/updates have
    problems installing University. To correct the problem (if I remember
    correctly) install BOTH or NO updates (University will update your
    Sims 2) to your Sims 2 game, then try installing University...

    Good Luck! ^_^

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Sims Graphics Cards Games Video Games