Sign in with
Your question

New to overclcoking, what can I leave in AUTO

Last response: in Overclocking
July 15, 2012 7:58:49 PM

Hi , I have an intel Q6600 G0 in an Assus P5KC motherboard.

I have recently aquired a new computer case, Haf 912 plus, and a Corsair H60, with the intent of making stuff all arround cooler and getting the Q6600 to a 3.0 overclock.
The reason why I want to do this is to have a little performance boost and because I have a pair of Gskil 1333 mHz ram that is only going at 1066 because of the Cpu's stock fsb.

Since my experience with overclocking is basicly changing the fsb frequency from 266 to 333, and leaving everything else on auto (only did this for vey short periods of time and its back on stock), after reading a bit about it aside from Heat, what can kill my chip is Voltage, wich I am partially clueless about so my main consern is What of all the options I have do I leave at AUTO, or is it as I'm wondering, only very few things are left on auto everything that i can set to manual and leave at stock I leave at that (including Cpu voltage) and change the FSB again to do stability tests, if it fails start raising the vallues on very small increments at a time.

All I want is to get the 3.0 because of the FSB for the Ram to run at its stock clocks, Without burning my chip for as long as I can.

I can take a picture or just copy the options to change voltage callues my mother board gives me here since I copied all of them to a piece of paper.

Thanks in advance.
a b K Overclocking
July 15, 2012 9:47:18 PM

you should really never leave anything on auto, atleast anything your changing, because the bios will over compensate for any changes you make

do a bit of testing for stable values
!