Solved

Budget motherboard for AMD Athlon II X3 425 cpu

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
March 6, 2010 6:17:24 AM

Does ECS force6100pm-m2 or Bio star MCP6PB M2 supports AMD Athlon II X3 425 cpu?or any other cheap mobo for the cpu without any bottlenecking the cpu?

More about : budget motherboard amd athlon 425 cpu

Best solution

a c 133 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b À AMD
March 6, 2010 6:25:58 AM

Bottlenecking is an overused term oftentimes meaningless. You motherboard will not "bottleneck" a processor.

For CPU support you will have to check the manufacturer's website and check their CPU support for that particular motherboard. If it supports any Athlon II or Phenom II processors it will support that x3.
Related resources
March 7, 2010 6:05:33 AM

enzo matrix said:
Bottlenecking is an overused term oftentimes meaningless. You motherboard will not "bottleneck" a processor.

For CPU support you will have to check the manufacturer's website and check their CPU support for that particular motherboard. If it supports any Athlon II or Phenom II processors it will support that x3.

actually the motherboard i told supports am2\am2+ cpu and the cpu is of am3 socket.so will they support each other??
m
l
March 7, 2010 6:23:38 AM

On that page, you may have noticed that all those processors are AM2/AM2+. The Biostar MCP6PB M2 has AM3 support, and the Athlon II X3 425 is Am3, so it should work
m
l
March 7, 2010 6:27:57 AM

Ah, but actually they do 2 versions of the Biostar MCP6PB M2, An AM2 and an AM3 version. When buying, make sure it says AM3.
m
l
March 8, 2010 11:00:33 AM

so no bottlenecking means i can pick any entry level motherboard for my athlon x3..actually some pc assembler told me that i should go for an expensive mobo else i will face problems like bottlenecking and low performance.
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2010 3:23:14 PM

darksmart said:
so no bottlenecking means i can pick any entry level motherboard for my athlon x3..actually some pc assembler told me that i should go for an expensive mobo else i will face problems like bottlenecking and low performance.

a mobo can't bottleneck a processor... its mostly the graphics card which does... so u can go ahead with the budget motherboards unless u are planning to use high end graphics cards...
m
l
March 18, 2010 1:26:29 AM

Best answer selected by darksmart.
m
l