XP "My Computer" settings

How can I remove the "Files stored on this computer" section in "My
Computer" some computers I've seen have this while others don't? Also, how
do you get the "My Network places" to appear on the start menu?

Thanks in advance.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
NoSharedDocuments
REG_DWORD
0 or 1
0 = Shared Documents
1 = NO Shared Documents

Or use TweakUI to do it...

[+] My Computer
My Computer Icons
UNCheck: ? Files Stored on This Computer

Download TweakUI here >>>

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Tweak UI
TweakUI.exe
===========

Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uo8EhYvpEHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Sarah M <none@none.com> hunted and pecked:

"Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote:

>How can I remove the "Files stored on this computer" section in "My
>Computer" some computers I've seen have this while others don't? Also, how
>do you get the "My Network places" to appear on the start menu?

By default there is an entry for "My Network Places" in the Start
Menu. If it is missing, you can drag the same Desktop icon ontop of
the Start Button to create a new shortcut.

--
(tm)