Jakester408

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
So i have a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018 and i have a EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 classified that i bought less than 6 months ago. I am using EVGA Precision and EVGA OC Scanner X to increase the speeds, but if i were to increase the voltage would my PSU be able to handle that? I am getting Core 896Mhz, Shader 1792, and Memory 1950 right now without having increased the voltage to the GPU, just the clocks. My card gets to around 84ºC at the most when under heavy load, mainly just Shogun 2. So if i were to up my voltage would that lower my temp under heavy stress like Shogun, and also allow me to increase my clock speeds? If my PSU isn't sufficient i was thinking of getting this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171049, but i'm just going off that fact that it is 300watts more than mine and has a 5star rating on Newegg. I am not really sure what i should be looking for there. I just want to be safe if i increase the volts to my GPU. Also, I can't go over 225 dollars either if i need to upgrade my PSU. A thousand thanks to whomever can help me. :)

Solution
G
that 700 watt PSU will handle ANY graphics card there is and quite a few SLI set ups too.

your system won't even hit 400 watts when stressed:
42705.png

but still, lay off the voltage tweaking! your floating ~84ºc and that is quite enough, even though you can push it more. or you wanna find out that at 92ºc it goes pop?
G

that 700 watt PSU will handle ANY graphics card there is and quite a few SLI set ups too.

your system won't even hit 400 watts when stressed:
42705.png

but still, lay off the voltage tweaking! your floating ~84ºc and that is quite enough, even though you can push it more. or you wanna find out that at 92ºc it goes pop?

Solution

Jakester408

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

so if i do decide to increase my volts will i be okay as long as it doesnt get to hot and no artifacts pop up as i test/game? i think what i mean is how does increasing the voltage affect the overall performance of the card? do i get lower temps? better performance?

TRENDING THREADS