jinkce

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Hey guys, I'm in the process of ordering memory for some workstations at my father engineering firm and have been having some difficulty locating the proper memory.

Any help is much appreciated..

The machines are HP Workstation XW6200, they have four memory slots with a possible of 2gigs perslot. I already had ordered some kingston memory but it was unrecognizable to the computer which was rather odd since the specs were nearly identical, one speed was a bit higher however I have had no luck in locating proper memory.

We would like to max out two of the four machines in use to 8gigs total. All help in locating the proper memory is much appreciated.

Thanks again guys!

Solution
You need ECC registered memory - most of the modules sold are non registered or Non ECC (Error Correction Code) since the additional chips for allowing error correction increase the cost.

Here are some modules that should work from Newegg -- Linkie

bilbat

Splendid
From: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11975_div/11975_div.html#Memory

E7525 chipset
DDR-2 SDRAM ECC REGISTERED MEMORY
If only using one DIMM, install it in socket 1. For more than one DIMM, install memory in pairs (a pair would be considered to be the DIMMs in sockets 1 & 2, 3 & 4) and do not mix speeds. It is always best to load the memory in pairs rather than a single DIMM (two 512 MB DIMMs will have better performance than a single 1 GB DIMM). Each pair of DIMMs must be the same size and same DRAM technology. The Intel E7525 chipset supports ECC Registered 400 MHz (PC2-3200) DDR-2 memory only.

You need ECC registered memory - most of the modules sold are non registered or Non ECC (Error Correction Code) since the additional chips for allowing error correction increase the cost.

Here are some modules that should work from Newegg -- Linkie

Solution