roof problems

Ive noticed something quite annoying. Whenever i want to make my own roof,
ie using the roof editing tools, the roof always goes into the room
partially. So even if i would like to have the roof lean against a wall i
get an ugly effect on the inside, because when i release the mouse button it
fits the roof to the squares i want it to be on and it goes that little bit
extra to the sides - through the wall and into the room.

This bugs me, although the only solution around it i have found so far is to
disable all show roof options when on that floor, that is have the walls up
or down...

Is there another way around this?
5 answers Last reply
More about roof problems

    I've noticed that it does this only when you are still in the building mode
    of the game. Once you leave the roof tool and go to another tool, the roof
    straightens itself out so it is not going thru the walls.

    "Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > Ive noticed something quite annoying. Whenever i want to make my own roof,
    > ie using the roof editing tools, the roof always goes into the room
    > partially. So even if i would like to have the roof lean against a wall i
    > get an ugly effect on the inside, because when i release the mouse button
    it
    > fits the roof to the squares i want it to be on and it goes that little
    bit
    > extra to the sides - through the wall and into the room.
    >
    > This bugs me, although the only solution around it i have found so far is
    > disable all show roof options when on that floor, that is have the walls
    up
    > or down...
    >
    > Is there another way around this?

    really?

    > I've noticed that it does this only when you are still in the building
    mode
    > of the game. Once you leave the roof tool and go to another tool, the
    roof
    > straightens itself out so it is not going thru the walls.
    >
    > "Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > > Ive noticed something quite annoying. Whenever i want to make my own
    roof,
    > > ie using the roof editing tools, the roof always goes into the room
    > > partially. So even if i would like to have the roof lean against a wall
    > > get an ugly effect on the inside, because when i release the mouse
    button
    > it
    > > fits the roof to the squares i want it to be on and it goes that little
    > bit
    > > extra to the sides - through the wall and into the room.
    > >
    > > This bugs me, although the only solution around it i have found so far
    is
    > > disable all show roof options when on that floor, that is have the walls
    > up
    > > or down...
    > >
    > > Is there another way around this?

    actually on this topic... does anyone know of a good roof tutorial as I'm
    stupid when it comes to building roofs or is that rooves...LOL.....

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > Ive noticed something quite annoying. Whenever i want to make my own roof,
    > ie using the roof editing tools, the roof always goes into the room
    > partially. So even if i would like to have the roof lean against a wall i
    > get an ugly effect on the inside, because when i release the mouse button
    > it
    > fits the roof to the squares i want it to be on and it goes that little
    > bit
    > extra to the sides - through the wall and into the room.
    >
    > This bugs me, although the only solution around it i have found so far is
    > disable all show roof options when on that floor, that is have the walls
    > up
    > or down...
    >
    > Is there another way around this?

    I use the 'auto-roof' most of the time anyway :)
    but you might try http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/

    "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > actually on this topic... does anyone know of a good roof tutorial as I'm
    > stupid when it comes to building roofs or is that rooves...LOL.....
    >
    > ~ jo
    >
    > http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    > "Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > > Ive noticed something quite annoying. Whenever i want to make my own
    roof,
    > > ie using the roof editing tools, the roof always goes into the room
    > > partially. So even if i would like to have the roof lean against a wall
    > > get an ugly effect on the inside, because when i release the mouse
    button
    > > it
    > > fits the roof to the squares i want it to be on and it goes that little
    > > bit
    > > extra to the sides - through the wall and into the room.
    > >
    > > This bugs me, although the only solution around it i have found so far
    is
    > > disable all show roof options when on that floor, that is have the walls
    > > up
    > > or down...
    > >
    > > Is there another way around this?

    Thanks! I'll check it out... auto roofs are great most of the time, but
    sometimes an odd shaped house looks odd without the right roof...and I think
    I build great houses but the roofs let them down ;-D

    >I use the 'auto-roof' most of the time anyway :)
    > but you might try http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/
    >
    > "jo" <aeracura@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> actually on this topic... does anyone know of a good roof tutorial as I'm
    >> stupid when it comes to building roofs or is that rooves...LOL.....
    >>
    >> ~ jo
    >>
    >> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    >> "Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    >> > Ive noticed something quite annoying. Whenever i want to make my own
    > roof,
    >> > ie using the roof editing tools, the roof always goes into the room
    >> > partially. So even if i would like to have the roof lean against a wall
    >> > get an ugly effect on the inside, because when i release the mouse
    > button
    >> > it
    >> > fits the roof to the squares i want it to be on and it goes that little
    >> > bit
    >> > extra to the sides - through the wall and into the room.
    >> >
    >> > This bugs me, although the only solution around it i have found so far
    > is
    >> > disable all show roof options when on that floor, that is have the
    >> > walls
    >> > up
    >> > or down...
    >> >
    >> > Is there another way around this?