Error due to changing Memory Frequency

Jayanarayanan

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Hello,
I am using windows xp-32 bit SP2. Recently i learned about overclocking in some article. In a curiosity , i just entered into mother board setup(by pressing F2 on bootup) and increased the RAM Memory Frequency from default 533 Mhz to 667 Mhz. At once i saved settings and restarted, My system gave three beep sound and my monitor never came up. My system has crashed entirely. I even put my RAM in another slot available, but of no USE !. what should i do to get my system back. Please give me a solution friends....

Jayanarayanan

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for your reply friend :) I tried, but it didnt work for me . My dad approached a service centre, and they say my RAM is gone :( Is that such a serious mistake what i did?? what could have caused and is there no other way to get back my system without changing my RAM ? please give me some idea about it :)

Jayanarayanan

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for your reply friend :) But , i guess i didnt make you clear about my problem .. My system never turned on, so that i could make changes as you mentioned..Please suggest me some other idea :)

jemm

Distinguished
Usually when you rise the ram frequency you also have to apply some extra voltage to make it work at a higher speed. In case of ram related boot issue, rgd1101 gave you the correct procedure -- if you have followed that, and it didn´t work, then you may need to get a brand new ram kit.

However without knowing what your config is, it is difficult to tell you. So please post here your hardware configuration, thank you!