Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Case speakers

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 8:48:45 PM

I have an expensive motherboard and computer case . Neither one has a speaker for post errors . To me it would help as I am a new builder.
Which one should have had speaker? If neither why not???

More about : case speakers

a c 156 V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 9:12:14 PM

Traditionally, they were included with the case. However, they are also built onto several motherboards.

Unfortunately, many motherboards and popular cases do not include them. You can either buy one (here's a place):
http://www.cwc-group.com/casp.html

or do what I do - salvage one from an old AT case.
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 9:34:09 PM

If you ever buy a case again, you should look for one with a speaker, as some still come with one. It's more like a buzzer these day however, but it beeps.
For example I have a cooler master case which came with one.
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 9:55:39 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Guess what I started looking through the stuff that came withe my Thermalake level 10 case.( it was that or a new car)
and i found a little speaker with about 2 in of wire hooked to it that said
Speaker!!! It is a 4 wire plug with a red and black wire. Does the red wire go to +5v and the black wire to speaker or does it matter??

Again thanks for the help!!
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 10:00:52 PM

Red is indeed +5v and black ground.
Score
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 10:14:37 PM

So the red would to +5 and the black to what is labeled speaker.
This is a great forum but when I sigh up I keep getting messages to send a reply to a Email that was sent me. But I never recieve a Email . How do I fix that??

Thanks again !!
Score
July 21, 2010 10:24:20 PM

you must buy motherboard and casing which has built in speakers.
Score
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 10:46:59 PM

I new so I guess this is a joke, but what is N casing and which motherboards have it??
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 21, 2010 11:02:43 PM

Ignore him. Poor grammar.
Score
a c 156 V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 4:52:47 AM

Quote:
So the red would to +5 and the black to what is labeled speaker.

Check your motherboard manual. The pins where the speaker goes are usually marked "+" and "-". The speaker devices tend to be non polarized. So it won't matter how you plug it in, but if you are really worried, red to positive.

Nils, some popular cases do not come with speakers, Antec's for example.
Score
a b V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 4:41:58 PM

jsc said:
Check your motherboard manual. The pins where the speaker goes are usually marked "+" and "-". The speaker devices tend to be non polarized. So it won't matter how you plug it in, but if you are really worried, red to positive.

Nils, some popular cases do not come with speakers, Antec's for example.

Please someone quote me if I ever said something like 'most popular cases come with speakers'. I just said some cases, popular or not, still come with them. That in contrast with the past, when almost all cases had speakers.
Score
!