Best MOBO for x6800 extreme

scottybeans

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hello,

Looking to find MOBO for core 2 extreme x6800. Any advice? Wanted to switch to DDR3 with upgrade capacity to 16GB. Will go with DDR2 if I can upgrade to 16GB in the future as well.If you know of a good MOBO, what brand of memory works well with it?

scottybeans

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Well I already had the CPU but now I've flip flopped. I've had time to think this through and have decided to go with the i7. I want the ability to upgrade for more RAM in the future, not right now. I'm running CS5 and want to build the best system I can for it. From what I've read CS5 takes advantage of multi-core and the more RAM the better. Any suggestion on building an i7 system for around 1000-1400 price range. Not the extreme obviously. Which CPU would be best?

scottybeans

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

Well I already had the CPU but now I've flip flopped. I've had time to think this through and have decided to go with the i7. I want the ability to upgrade for more RAM in the future, not right now. I'm running CS5 and want to build the best system I can for it. From what I've read CS5 takes advantage of multi-core and the more RAM the better. Any suggestion on building an i7 system for around 1000-1400 price range. Not the extreme obviously. Which CPU would be best?
Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message

TRENDING THREADS