Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Question and custom object issues

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:47:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Does an organizer exist, like they did for Sims 1, so I can look at what I
downloaded?

Some of the custom objects I have downloaded are not showing up in the
games. All are placed in My Documents/EA/Downloads, but could the fact that
I have Sims2 on my D drive and the Download folder in my C drive have
anything to do with it? As I might have mentioned, some downloads are
showing up, but others aren't. Do hair and makeup go into the Clothes
Download category? I have Uni and Sims 2, if that helps.

Moni
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:07:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hair, makeup, skin tone, any genetics (all bodyshop type of stuff) go
directly into downloads. Objects, walls, floors and terrainpaint can be in
subfolders.
For objects, do you have the colour enabler installed?
http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
(click download, then agree at bottom of page, then get the CEP, about
mid-way down the next page).

"fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:hL2dnbFyXo_uzdXfRVn-iA@comcast.com...
> Does an organizer exist, like they did for Sims 1, so I can look at what I
> downloaded?
>
> Some of the custom objects I have downloaded are not showing up in the
> games. All are placed in My Documents/EA/Downloads, but could the fact
that
> I have Sims2 on my D drive and the Download folder in my C drive have
> anything to do with it? As I might have mentioned, some downloads are
> showing up, but others aren't. Do hair and makeup go into the Clothes
> Download category? I have Uni and Sims 2, if that helps.
>
> Moni
>
>
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:07:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:jqmdnSZBsJGQ-dXfRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> Hair, makeup, skin tone, any genetics (all bodyshop type of stuff) go
> directly into downloads. Objects, walls, floors and terrainpaint can be
in
> subfolders.
> For objects, do you have the colour enabler installed?
> http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
> (click download, then agree at bottom of page, then get the CEP, about
> mid-way down the next page).

Yes, I do have CEP installed. Does having hair, skin tone or any genetics
downloads hurt to have them in a sub folder I've called Clothes? I also
have two sub folders: one for objects and one for clothes. Should I get
rid of the sub folders?

Moni
Related resources
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 10:09:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Well I have heard that anything bodyshop/create a sim related has to not be
in a subfolder, otherwise it will not show up. Objects can be in
subfolders.
Oh and do you have the latest CEP...........a new one came out about a week
ago.

"fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:cqCdnbeGjvg8EdXfRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:jqmdnSZBsJGQ-dXfRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> > Hair, makeup, skin tone, any genetics (all bodyshop type of stuff) go
> > directly into downloads. Objects, walls, floors and terrainpaint can be
> in
> > subfolders.
> > For objects, do you have the colour enabler installed?
> > http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
> > (click download, then agree at bottom of page, then get the CEP, about
> > mid-way down the next page).
>
> Yes, I do have CEP installed. Does having hair, skin tone or any genetics
> downloads hurt to have them in a sub folder I've called Clothes? I also
> have two sub folders: one for objects and one for clothes. Should I get
> rid of the sub folders?
>
> Moni
>
>
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:23:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

once you have downloaded on a spree and opened multiples of items how do you
tell them apart? clothes, objects, genetics etc? is there a key that tells?

tyvm,
--
Isabeau :) 

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:leCdnSg0tfgFE9XfRVn-og@comcast.com...
> Well I have heard that anything bodyshop/create a sim related has to not
be
> in a subfolder, otherwise it will not show up. Objects can be in
> subfolders.
> Oh and do you have the latest CEP...........a new one came out about a
week
> ago.
>
> "fmomoon" <fmomoonNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:cqCdnbeGjvg8EdXfRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> >
> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> > news:jqmdnSZBsJGQ-dXfRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> > > Hair, makeup, skin tone, any genetics (all bodyshop type of stuff) go
> > > directly into downloads. Objects, walls, floors and terrainpaint can
be
> > in
> > > subfolders.
> > > For objects, do you have the colour enabler installed?
> > > http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
> > > (click download, then agree at bottom of page, then get the CEP, about
> > > mid-way down the next page).
> >
> > Yes, I do have CEP installed. Does having hair, skin tone or any
genetics
> > downloads hurt to have them in a sub folder I've called Clothes? I also
> > have two sub folders: one for objects and one for clothes. Should I
get
> > rid of the sub folders?
> >
> > Moni
> >
> >
>
>
!