Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 problem connecting to internet

Last response: in Windows 7
October 13, 2011 5:20:55 PM

Hello,
Just got a new laptop with Windows 7. My old Laptop with Vista is wireless connected through Netgear DG834G router fine. When I try to connect to the internet with the new laptop it asks for a network security key which I input "correctly" but says "Windows was unable to connect to NETGEAR" Help!
October 13, 2011 5:26:27 PM

Connect to the Netgear box and verify the key. Do you get any additional error message(s)?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 13, 2011 5:41:53 PM

Best way is to hard wire to the netgear first to see if you have any connection problems and to make sure that your network card is enabled.
m
l
Related resources
October 14, 2011 5:30:06 PM

Have connected to Netgear box by ethernet cable, still getting same message "Windows was unable to connect to NETGEAR" Troubleshoot problem doesn;t get anywhere either. Have reset router and password but still get same message. This laptop I am using works fine with NETGEAR and other laptop and iphone can connect with no problem. The problem is with my brand new laptop, Toshiba Satellite L770-13D, using Windows 7.
m
l
October 15, 2011 2:25:09 PM

Thanks for your help guys. I had to reset the router and then reinstall the software on the old computer. Works fine now.
m
l
!