Prince_P

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Firstly, thanks for your help. I'm shopping for a gaming laptop, something mid-range (I'm hoping to spend $1000 or less). The biggest issue I'm having is with video cards - I don't know too much about the hardware that's out right now, so even knowing everything else I want (memory, screen size, etc) I can't seem to settle on one.

As far as games go, it'd be nice to be able to run crysis, left 4 dead 2, things like that on pretty high settings but most of the gaming will be along the lines of WoW.

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834117984) <-- that's the sort of thing I've been looking at so far, if anyone cares about the rest of the specs.

That all being said, which cards should I be looking at? I read elsewhere that the GeForce GT220 is terrible, so that led me here, to ask you all.

Also, I figured newegg would probably be the best site to find the laptop I want - any other thoughts there?

Prince_P

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
I just saw that one myself actually, and for $200 off I might just have to go with that. If anyone else has got more input I'd be glad to have it, but this looks pretty promising.