Solved

Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm fan screws

When I tried to install them onto my case for a new build, I realized that the fan's screw holes were not threaded and wayyyy to small for the included screws. I'm just wondering what's the best way to install these. Find smaller screws? Try and force the screws in? Use an electronics screwdriver/drill and drill the screws in? Is there a chance of breaking the plastic screw holes on the fans?
Thanks
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler master sickleflow 120mm screws
  1. The screws should self tap into the plastic of the fan.
  2. skaz said:
    The screws should self tap into the plastic of the fan.


    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this. The screws don't fit into the fan holes at all.
  3. Is it a self tapping screw? Are you using the screws provided with the fan?
  4. skaz said:
    Is it a self tapping screw? Are you using the screws provided with the fan?


    yes, those screws came included with the fan
  5. Best answer
    Lay the fan flat, take one of the screws, line it up with a hole. Now take a screwdriver and apply downward pressure as you screw in. You'll basically be making the threading for the screw with the screw.

    Self tapping screw ---- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-tapping_screw
  6. Best answer selected by AlmostAscended.
  7. skaz said:
    Lay the fan flat, take one of the screws, line it up with a hole. Now take a screwdriver and apply downward pressure as you screw in. You'll basically be making the threading for the screw with the screw.

    Self tapping screw ---- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-tapping_screw


    Yes, I believe they are: they have the raised threads like in the wikipedia pic. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooler Master Fan New Build Overclocking