Sign in with
Your question

Please help me? memtest86 settings or no effect

Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 18, 2012 12:47:38 PM

memtest86
Test 5 [Moving inversions, 8 bit pat===10 hour use and no effect ((346 error detect))

how much time or hour

More about : memtest86 settings effect

July 18, 2012 12:55:11 PM

The time memtest86+ needs to test RAM depends on the amount you have installed and the speed of your system. If the lines show red, there are errors; stop memtest86+ and run it again for confirmation.

You can also adjust the RAM speed (MHz), voltage, and dividers (depending on the motherboard) to set the RAM in the BIOS at its rated settings as shown on the RAM stickers. If you mix RAM, you will have to set the BIOS to the use the lowest MHz, highest latencies, and lowest voltage of the RAM you have installed.
July 18, 2012 1:44:52 PM

My no red errors
Related resources
July 18, 2012 2:00:06 PM

But you just stated that you had 346 errors detected. You can also try testing each memory stick one at a time using memtest and see if the error is on just one stick or all of them. In either case, you may need to exchange the ram for some new sticks.
July 18, 2012 2:45:59 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
But you just stated that you had 346 errors detected. You can also try testing each memory stick one at a time using memtest and see if the error is on just one stick or all of them. In either case, you may need to exchange the ram for some new sticks.

I cd use
1st boot device
!