help usb lacie hd

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Hello
I am under windows xp family and have a 20 gb external usb1 lacie hard disk.
It used to work fine. I re installed windows and I do not see it in
windows explorer.
Please help.
thank you in advance
jerome
--
n
5 answers Last reply
More about help lacie
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Hi Jerome,

    Two things;

    1) Did you install Service Pack 1? USB 2.0 is dicey at best without the service pack.

    2 Is the disk available in 'Computer Management'?

    Ciao . . . C.Joseph

    That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    He esteems too lightly

    suchod wrote:
    > Hello
    > I am under windows xp family and have a 20 gb external usb1 lacie hard disk.
    > It used to work fine. I re installed windows and I do not see it in
    > windows explorer.
    > Please help.
    > thank you in advance
    > jerome
    > --
    > n
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Hello Joseph
    I cheked in "computer management" (in french "gestion de l ordinateur")
    under "hard disk management" ("gestion des disques") I found:
    disk 0 which is c:\
    disk 1 19.00 go (which is the disk I am looking for) "non alloué" which I
    would translate as "non attributed".
    If you can do something out of this ???
    again thank you a lot
    friendly
    jerome


    C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

    > Hi Jerome,
    >
    > Two things;
    >
    > 1) Did you install Service Pack 1? USB 2.0 is dicey at best without the
    > service pack.
    >
    > 2 Is the disk available in 'Computer Management'?
    >
    > Ciao . . . C.Joseph
    >
    > That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    > He esteems too lightly
    >
    > suchod wrote:
    >> Hello
    >> I am under windows xp family and have a 20 gb external usb1 lacie hard
    >> disk.
    >> It used to work fine. I re installed windows and I do not see it in
    >> windows explorer.
    >> Please help.
    >> thank you in advance
    >> jerome
    >> --
    >> n

    --
    n
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Hi Jerome,

    It looks like your drive is there (disk 1), and has not been partitioned or format.

    From inside of 'gestion de l ordinateur', chose 'Action' then 'All Task' then 'Format'. That will format the drive and assign
    it a drive letter.

    BTW, it is 'C.Joseph' not 'Joseph' (what can I say, my dad had a weird sense of humor).

    Ciao . . . C.Joseph

    That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    He esteems too lightly

    suchod wrote:
    > Hello Joseph
    > I cheked in "computer management" (in french "gestion de l ordinateur")
    > under "hard disk management" ("gestion des disques") I found:
    > disk 0 which is c:\
    > disk 1 19.00 go (which is the disk I am looking for) "non alloué" which I
    > would translate as "non attributed".
    > If you can do something out of this ???
    > again thank you a lot
    > friendly
    > jerome
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > C.Joseph Drayton wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi Jerome,
    >>
    >>Two things;
    >>
    >>1) Did you install Service Pack 1? USB 2.0 is dicey at best without the
    >>service pack.
    >>
    >>2 Is the disk available in 'Computer Management'?
    >>
    >>Ciao . . . C.Joseph
    >>
    >>That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    >> He esteems too lightly
    >>
    >>suchod wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello
    >>>I am under windows xp family and have a 20 gb external usb1 lacie hard
    >>>disk.
    >>>It used to work fine. I re installed windows and I do not see it in
    >>>windows explorer.
    >>>Please help.
    >>>thank you in advance
    >>>jerome
    >>>--
    >>>n
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Hello C.Joseph
    first let me apologize for having badly written your name. With your
    permission I will not comment on your father'sense of humor.

    After the info you gave me, as you know I found my missing disk sort of not
    really alive. Then I thaught maybe it is a question of formatting. Not
    knowing the procedure you indicate here under, I loaded 'PartitionMagic 7'
    and formatted the disk which is now EXISTING and usable.
    Anyway without your help I never would get out from the woods.
    Thank you very much
    friendly
    jerome

    C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

    > Hi Jerome,
    >
    > It looks like your drive is there (disk 1), and has not been partitioned
    > or format.
    >
    > From inside of 'gestion de l ordinateur', chose 'Action' then 'All Task'
    > then 'Format'. That will format the drive and assign
    > it a drive letter.
    >
    > BTW, it is 'C.Joseph' not 'Joseph' (what can I say, my dad had a weird
    > sense of humor).
    >
    > Ciao . . . C.Joseph
    >
    > That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    > He esteems too lightly
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    Hi Jerome,

    I'm glad I could be of help.

    Ciao . . . C.Joseph

    That which a man buys too cheaply . . .
    He esteems too lightly

    suchod wrote:
    > Hello C.Joseph
    > first let me apologize for having badly written your name. With your
    > permission I will not comment on your father'sense of humor.
    >
    > After the info you gave me, as you know I found my missing disk sort of not
    > really alive. Then I thaught maybe it is a question of formatting. Not
    > knowing the procedure you indicate here under, I loaded 'PartitionMagic 7'
    > and formatted the disk which is now EXISTING and usable.
    > Anyway without your help I never would get out from the woods.
    > Thank you very much
    > friendly
    > jerome
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Explorer Lacie USB HD Windows XP Laptops