Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No USB 2.0 on GA 7VT600-1394

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 22, 2010 1:59:14 PM

I have a Gigabyte GA 7VT600-1394 While using my PNY 8GB memory stix I got a popup telling me that the stix was made for usb 2.0 and that the port I was using was not 2.0. It then told me that there was no 2.0 port on the board. Is there a driver I need to install? And what ports should be 2.0? Thanks LIB

More about : usb 7vt600 1394

a b V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 2:37:05 PM

Did you plug the USB stick into a front panel port when you get that message? Have you tried using the rear USB ports? If so, did you get the same message? What OS are you using: XP (SP#), Vista, 7, other? Also, make sure that in your BIOS under Integrated Peripherals, that USB 2.0 in enabled.
m
0
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 3:11:30 PM

Drivers are here...

Select 'Driver' under 'Download type:' to the left, and then your OS to the right - USB2.0 are at the bottom of the resultant list...
m
0
l
Related resources
July 22, 2010 4:11:02 PM

bilbat said:
Drivers are here...

Select 'Driver' under 'Download type:' to the left, and then your OS to the right - USB2.0 are at the bottom of the resultant list...

SATA raid drivers are at the bottom olf the list? Would it be in the (chipset) Via 4in1?
m
0
l
July 22, 2010 4:33:20 PM

obsolete99 said:
Did you plug the USB stick into a front panel port when you get that message? Have you tried using the rear USB ports? If so, did you get the same message? What OS are you using: XP (SP#), Vista, 7, other? Also, make sure that in your BIOS under Integrated Peripherals, that USB 2.0 in enabled.

I was using the front#2 port which shows in manual as both 1and2 are 2.0. Have used rear ports with no message but had done so with front before too. Mfg. descrip. states 8x 2.0/1.1 4x cable. Bios enabled, XP home sp3. How can you tell if the 2.0 is working?
m
0
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
July 22, 2010 4:34:25 PM

If you select 'All" as the OS, at least for my browser, the lsat two files are:

VIA USB 2.0 (Win98,ME, 2000 only. For Windows® XP, please download SP1 or SP2 from Internet Explorer's "Windows Update".)
OS:Windows 2000

&

VIA USB 2.0 (Win98,ME, 2000 only. For Windows® XP, please download SP1 or SP2 from Internet Explorer's "Windows Update".)
OS:Windows 98,Windows 98se,Windows Me
m
0
l
July 22, 2010 9:51:44 PM

bilbat said:
If you select 'All" as the OS, at least for my browser, the lsat two files are:

VIA USB 2.0 (Win98,ME, 2000 only. For Windows® XP, please download SP1 or SP2 from Internet Explorer's "Windows Update".)
OS:Windows 2000

&

VIA USB 2.0 (Win98,ME, 2000 only. For Windows® XP, please download SP1 or SP2 from Internet Explorer's "Windows Update".)
OS:Windows 98,Windows 98se,Windows Me

So what it is saying is that all thats needed is to have XP SP1&2 installed and the 2.0 should work? They are installed and SP3 as well, and all other updates?
m
0
l
!