Need some help choosing some watercooling parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoRealBobadilla

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
So, my first build and I've decided to build my own WC loop because I believe if I use a closed-loop system I might as well use air cooling for much cheaper.

With that said my build is:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 448 (FTW edition)
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 16GB @ 2100MHz
PSU: Corsair TX850
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3Swiftech
HDD: 1TB Seagate @ 7000 RPM
WC parts: need help

So, for my CPU waterblock I've decided to use the Koolance CPU-370 Rev1.1 because of the low temps given, great contact, and low pressure drop. I also like the fact that it is copper, and plated to avoid corrosion; the easy-to-use mounting system is a plus, too.

My mobo (Asus Maximus V Formula) already has a fusion thermo block on it, so I won't be needing a block for that. However, I'm not quite sure what the pressure drop on that heatsink is (I'm not sure if anyone does, but) and if anyone has pressure drop results on the fusion thermo block I would appreciate stats.

My RAM, HDDs, and Chipset should stay relatively cool enough where I should be able to adequately cool them with the in-house fans.

This leaves my GPU, Radiators, Pump, and Reservoir.

For my GPU, I am looking for a waterblock that is full copper, has a low pressure drop, but I want to be able to expand eventually into two, or maybe even three cards in SLI, so if I could get suggestions that can support more than one GPU that would be a plus; if the best options for cooling only support the one GPU, then so be it.

As far as pumps go, the CPU block I'll be using (Koolance CPU-370) has a low pressure drop, BUT, in every review I've read I have learned that the block is flow hungry. That is no problem, I'm willing to get a better pump because I won't sacrifice performance for price. I was looking at the Swiftech MCP35X2 for a pump, but from what I've read, it gives really high flowrates and I'm not sure if that would create a problem for heat transfer (maybe someone could give me more info. on high flowrates?) Any reviews on that pump?

If I do decide to go with the MSP35X2, I'll probably be getting the on-top reservoir, however, the drive-bay reservoirs are also an attractive option.

Please give me some more info, I can't do this by myself!

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.