Sign in with
Your question

Wireles connection issue

Last response: in Networking
December 16, 2009 4:59:54 PM

First off, the computer is my wife's laptop from her work so I don't know the specifics about the harware. It is running Windows XP professional.

The wireless adapter under "control panel-network connections" is NOT connected. When I right click and choose "repair" it just hangs and nothing happens. I downloaded the latest driver for the wireless adapter and still nothing. Then it dawned on me that I could remove the driver from Device Manager (there were NO errors there) and than ran the "find new hardware wizard" and let windows find the device, which it did and I was able to connect to the internet wirelessly. Now my wife emailed me (I'm at work) and told me that "whatever I did is now un-done".

Now, with no info on any of the hardware is there anything that you could suggest? When I get home tonight I'll post which adapter it is.

Thanks!!

Eddie
December 16, 2009 9:28:43 PM

P.S. I forgot to mention that when I look for wireless networks I get a message that no networks were found. When I got it working it found about 10 networks in my area.
m
l
!