Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cases
  • Cooling
  • LED Monitor
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
July 17, 2012 11:16:23 PM

Hello, I am working on building my first PC and need help with what type of fans to get. I want an LED fan in the front.

Case: Antec One.

2 120mm fans are pre installed( Rear and Top)

The other 3 are optional, but I want to go ahead and get tem installed.

The other 3 fans are:
-Front
-Side
-Bottom.

Which ones should I make intake/Exhaust?

More about : building case cooling

July 17, 2012 11:47:57 PM

Rear and top should be exhausts, front and bottom should be intakes. As for the side, I'd say it depends on the type of Graphics card you have, you should just experiment a bit and see, fairly certain of the other 4 though.

Good luck
m
l
July 18, 2012 12:05:41 AM

I have a EVGA geforce GTX 670 FTW
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 9:05:56 PM

Go with an intake on the side then as that card exhausts heat out the back, it should also give you slightly positive air pressure helping to keep dust out.
m
l
July 20, 2012 5:50:00 PM

paddys09 said:
Go with an intake on the side then as that card exhausts heat out the back, it should also give you slightly positive air pressure helping to keep dust out.

Yes intake on side. The case I have has a 200mm intake on the side and I have the same graphics card and it hasn't even gotten close to hot yet.....
m
l
July 23, 2012 10:32:21 PM

I have a 120mm Fan on the side of my Antec One.

My 560ti runs at 99% 24/7 and doesnt go above 80C, my fan is connected to the PSU with a 'quiet' connector for low speed.

Just go with the front and side as intakes. You would prefer the bottom to exhaust not bring in dust but a fan exhausting will just pull the air from the front fan. If you can use a filter then it could be an intake, but I doubt you will need it.
m
l
!