Constant Clicking In LaCie 1TB HDD

IMR SMIL3Y

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hi there,

I've recently been having major issues with my LaCie 1TB HDD, which has resulted in it no longer working with my WD HD Media Player.

It has recently developed a really loud clicking noise, which has progressed into read issues when trying to play videos through my media player.

The strange thing is, it is working OK on my computer, it will make the clicking noise for a few seconds and then it will stop again, and I can move files to and from.

I can also play files through my Blu-Ray player on the drive, it seems to only be my Media Player that I am having major issues with.

Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Back up anything you can now, its about to puke your info all over the desk. Seriously, if it is clicking, you should be backing up your data to another storage device. Had a drive last year doing that, barely got my data off in time. Now I buy two drives at a time and make mirrors. Of course hard drive prices suck right now.

IMR SMIL3Y

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Kinda figured this would be the result, really pissed about this, I only bought the drive just over a year ago!

I'll see if I can pick up a cheap one off Amazon.

Any particular brands that are more durable than others?