alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
is there a way to lock sound volume on a windows 7 64bit home premium?

my mom is a moron and my brothers an ass.

i am getting sick of hearing the screaming fights over my brother having the computers volume to loud

is there some way to lock the computers volume?

my brother is a computer moron, but he isnt afraid to mess with setting until he gets his way, so just going into the main sound thing for windows and lowering it isnt helping, unless there is a way to password lock it.

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
This is easily fixed with a cast iron frying pan. Just follow these simple steps.

1. Let brother use computer. Monitor his activity.
2. When brother opens sound settings, strike brother with pan lightly in back of head.
3. Repeat until behavior changes.

Hopefully, your brother will learn, every time he opens the sound menu, he experiences pain. Unless he likes pain, he will stop. If after a few rounds, his behavior doesn't stop, add speed to the swing of the pan prior to striking the brother.

SMALL PRINT
sKora makes no claims or assurances that this procedure will work and may cause bodily harm of the un-repairable nature. Possibility of retaliation with a sledge hammer high. Use at your own risk.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i have hit him, but my moron of a mom dosent realize that idol threats and never touching him dosent work.

hell one day i took the speakers away, they are mine to begin with.

he threw a huge fit, and was great the rest of the day.

my mom made me give them back, and i told her exactly what would happen, i was right, and she got pissed at me for giveing them back.

i need something software, and im not willing to phisicaly break the speekers yet

jesmoke

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Unfortunately there is no software that will limit the volume output on your sound card nor is there a setting to do so either.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

You could try this:

http://download.cnet.com/VolumeLock/3000-2169_4-10410276.html

I don't have any personal experience with it, but it sounds like it may work for you. It cost 15 bucks, but there is a 14 day trial.

Max

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I just gave this a try myself. Seems to work great. It lets you set a password to stop anyone from trying to unlock your preset volume. It not only allows you to control the master volume but also volume for the various sub-functions and the recording volume as well

Max

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

Unfortunately, you can shut it down in Task Manager. If he had his own User Account you could disable Task Manager for his account in the registry if your the admin.

Max