Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba external hard drive partition not detected

Last response: in Storage
December 14, 2011 3:52:23 AM

Good day! I have a problem with my Toshiba External Harddrive 1.5 TB, I have partitioned it into tree
partition and one of the partition is no longer accessible. Please assist.

Regards
S.L Makatu
email: smakatu@angloplat.com
a b G Storage
December 14, 2011 4:06:19 AM

Hello kingsolly,

Welcome to Forums.
Please never post your email address here to avoid spam.

Right Click on Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management
You should see here the partition you are missing. Right Click on that partition and assign a drive letter and it should be accessible.

Please post the results here.
Have a wonderful day!!!
December 14, 2011 6:27:38 AM

1892387,2,972485 said:
Hello kingsolly,

Welcome to Forums.
Please never post your email address here to avoid spam.

Right Click on Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management
You should see here the partition you are missing. Right Click on that partition and assign a drive letter and it should be accessible.

HI there thanks for the respond I have already tried that no luck the drive that I have problem with it shows RAW instead of NTFS and it is active patition. Like I said the drive got 3 partitions 2 still accesible but the problem one shows 0bytes availble.

Thanks
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 14, 2011 6:36:49 AM

Did you try to format that partition!!!
December 14, 2011 11:34:06 AM

Yes! It does not finish formatting error unable to format drive.
a b G Storage
December 14, 2011 11:53:14 AM

okay...

(a) If you are able to delete that partition, delete that one and create another one again.
(b) You may download PartMagic, this goes on CD. You can boot from CD (no install required) and you should be able format the partition. Here's the link http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=start
December 14, 2011 12:17:25 PM

Okay just to be clear if I delete the one which is giving problems is it not going to affect the other partitions?
The one which is giving problem it shows as active partions should I first make one of the 2 working active?
I don't want to loose the information on those one.
a b G Storage
December 14, 2011 11:18:33 PM

Sorry for late reply - Deleting one partition won't effect others. Moreover, if you have any doubts you may backup all your data before doing so.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 24, 2013 7:30:58 AM

simple fix -->
right click on Computer and go to manage, now click on storage->disk management
you should see your disk as disk 1, now right click on disk 1 and navigate to properties->driver, simply uninstall the driver, remove your hard drive and reconnect...walla!!! problem solved...ext hdd will get detected automatically....from my exp it is the driver that gets corrupted, so reinstalling the driver should solve the issue :) 
!