AerosolSP

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hey all. I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

My mom lost some files on her PC. They vanished mysteriously. I tried to use some file recovery software, which asked me for a location to save the files to. I used my external hdd, knowing full well it could cause some damage.

And cause some damage it did. I ran homebrew on my Wii with my HDD, but now not a single program on the Wii detects the HDD, and the HDD itself just keeps beeping while it's plugged into the Wii. It doesn't do that at all when plugged into a PC.

I've tried using Easeus Partition Master to delete all the partitions and format the entire thing with FAT32, but all I get is beeping and non-detection. Someone know what I can do? It was suggested to me to wipe the MBR and recreate the partition table, but I wouldn't know where to start. The missing file isn't an issue anymore :p

EDIT: A new enclosure for the HDD solved all of my problems!

AerosolSP

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Yea I figured. I just used a low level formatting tool and, while it sees the hdd, it lists the firmware number and serial number as a 000000. Like this:

welp.PNG

Poof! FYI it was like that before I let the program format the disk. I haven't found a way to flash any of this stuff back onto the hdd. There probably isn't a way (that makes it worth my while).

No biggy. I didn't even buy this thing. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: A friend mentioned that the problem may not be with the HDD, but with the enclosure it comes in. Anybody agree with that idea?