Combined external hard drive and docking station

seekwn

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hi, I am new member to the forums in New Zealand.

I have a number of old hard drives that were previously in desktops and laptop. I am anxious to recover all the data stored on these drives as I believe the drives are still in good order. I want to get a “docking station” or an enclosure that takes both SATA and IDE. I also have a need to get an external drive ideally a pocket size. Probably USB 3.0 and 1 TB in capacity.

So the question I am asking is this: Are there any devices available now that combine these features into a single unit. If so, can anyone tell me who manufactures these devices and where you can get it? Web address of manufacturer and retailer would be most welcome.

Any help anyone can give would be most welcome. Such a device would be much easier to carry than having 2 to cart about.

UPDATE: 24 December. Only one reply received so far and it mentioned using a adaptor made by Vantec which I was familar with. I am just wanting to know if such a device exists as I requested that does both of the functions I need. It may be that no one has "invented" such a device but I just need confirmation of that fact please.

Thank you.

Alistair

Levin, New Zealand 5510

HP Mini 110-3138TU
1 GB RAM
160 GB