Hard drive hidden

wikyhawk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
Hello,
my computer is shared by my room mate today when i woke up i saw that he has some how hidden some partition making me in great trouble. including my personal data. how can i get those drives back?? we had two hard disks in computer and still they r attached. :(

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
assuming that the partiton is 'hidden' as you say, you likely just need to re-assign a drive letter to it.

right click on "(my) computer", select "manage", in left pane highlight "disk management", right click on you lost partition in right pane, select "change drive letter", and give it a drive letter.

if that doesn't do it then it's more than just a hidden partition, could be the drive was formatted or failed.

wikyhawk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

its not working. :( i still cant see tha name of my rest drives

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
is the physical drive listed in drive manager? if not then you got a failed or improperly attached drive. if so but it's black and listed as being unused or empty then the partition has been deleted.

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

Hi, if your partition was just change the drive letter to "None" and it shows hidden, you could do what "branden" had said, but if your partition was hidden by some partition software, you could only use other partition software to unhidden it.