Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking gtx 570 gigabyte OC rev 2

Last response: in Overclocking
July 19, 2012 4:41:42 PM

Hi, I am new to overclocking and I want to ask anyone if they had good experience overclocking this card? I tried to search online for threads that talk about this card in regard to overclocking but found very limited information on it. Wanna push some juice to have a better performance in bf3. If you guys have any good or bad experience overclocking this card, please do discuss as I want to see everybody's opinions. Thank you.

Ps: don't get me wrong this card performs beastly, I just wanna learn overclocking and get a better performance out of it.
a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2012 6:41:53 PM

GTX570 is already powerful, if I were you I'll just leave it as is no OC, besides you'll just shorten it's life. Just run BF3 on auto. Of course it's up to you if you wanna OC that, just a friendly advice cause that is an expensive card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 19, 2012 8:17:14 PM

i can touch on the Gigabyte side, using their OC guru software, i was never able to get the over volting to work, their support didn't manage to help me with the issue, i was able to get a better overclock on the 'Overclock" bios than the "Super Overclock" bios
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2012 6:23:13 AM

@venjhammet True that gtx 570 is a really powerful card and changing from gtx 275 to 570 is a huge jump in terms of performance. I know it decreases the life span on the GPU but I want to have a safe overclock where I can get additional Juice without hurting the card. This is my first GPU I ever bought and used it. The gtx 275 was my friend who didn't want it anymore.

@nna2 what's your current clocks for your gtx 570 OC rev 2? I would love to hear your method of overclocking the card. I managed to get 860mhz and 1950 for awhile but I don't see a performance gained from it. Only by a few fps. Do you know what's the problem?
m
l
July 20, 2012 6:29:54 AM

venjhammet said:
GTX570 is already powerful, if I were you I'll just leave it as is no OC, besides you'll just shorten it's life. Just run BF3 on auto. Of course it's up to you if you wanna OC that, just a friendly advice cause that is an expensive card.

How's gtx 680 working? Been watching reviews on it and it performs like a magnificent beast. I would even buy just that card and display it without using it :p 
m
l
July 20, 2012 6:34:12 AM

nna2 said:
i can touch on the Gigabyte side, using their OC guru software, i was never able to get the over volting to work, their support didn't manage to help me with the issue, i was able to get a better overclock on the 'Overclock" bios than the "Super Overclock" bios

Did you get a decent performance after overclocking it?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2012 4:17:48 AM

^just to clarify, i have a 6870, just wanted to touch on the Gigabyte software

and it's really limited
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
July 21, 2012 6:01:38 AM

Many factory overclocked Gigabyte cards have their voltages locked.
m
l
July 21, 2012 3:17:25 PM

So nobody have successfully overclocked this specific card with stable clocks?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 21, 2012 5:58:52 PM

if it dosent support oc guru, the voltages are locked :p 

you may get 50-100MHz, depending on your chip
m
l
July 23, 2012 11:35:08 AM

nna2 said:
if it dosent support oc guru, the voltages are locked :p 

you may get 50-100MHz, depending on your chip

How do you check whether it support OC guru?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2012 7:23:06 PM

frostbane said:
How do you check whether it support OC guru?

google up your model number, if it's under the downloads section then it's supported
m
l
!