Sign in with
Your question

2 gig stick that plays well with others

Last response: in Memory
July 23, 2010 4:18:42 PM

Yeah.

I have three gigs in all.

I wanna replace my Samsung 1 gig with a two gig stick to have 4 gigs in all.
My two gig stick is Kingston.

What two gb sticks work well with other brands?

It needs to be ddr2 800 ( to match the kingston)

Any help? :hello: 

More about : gig stick plays

July 23, 2010 5:58:57 PM

How many sticks do you have in total? the best thing to do would be buy a stick of matching brand and speed of the stick in the other slot that corresponds to it.
m
l
July 23, 2010 10:11:46 PM

Using now?
Only two.
I would like to use another kingston but if I see something cheaper would it work well two?

( is currantly using mismatch brand ram but of same speed )
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2010 10:40:15 PM

It's usually safer to use two ram sticks of the same manufacturer, speed and size in their corresponding slots.

But you should be alright with a different brand if it's cheaper. I've run mismatched (brand wise) ram before and had no issues.
m
l
a c 150 } Memory
a b Ô Samsung
July 24, 2010 3:20:07 AM

Edit: Oops. Dual posted :whistle: 
m
l
July 24, 2010 3:43:23 AM

Though I agree with what he's saying. I can see that being a pain in the butt, and at that point it being easier just to buy the exact same stick of RAM as the one you already have.
m
l
a c 150 } Memory
a b Ô Samsung
July 24, 2010 5:39:06 AM

jdog2pt0 said:
Though I agree with what he's saying. I can see that being a pain in the butt, and at that point it being easier just to buy the exact same stick of RAM as the one you already have.

Exactly........Since no model number was posted, OP may not know the exact RAM in the computer and CPU-Z and Spezzy will tell exactly that. Manufacturer, voltage, cas, speed ........a lot easier to match when you know all those things.
m
l
!