Best liquid cooling pump and rad

Hey guys i am kind of a noob when it comes to liquid cooling systems so i need some help. i have decided to build my own system. right now my setup is
i7 3770k oc to 4.8ghz
asus sabertooth z77
msi gtx 480
16gb 1666mhz patriot viper extreme ram
and i have the new cm storm stryker coming in the mail

i am going to be cooling my cpu. gpu, and eventually a second gpu(both gtx 480s)

i did a lot of research on cpu waterblocks and i bought an xspc raystorm.
the queston i have is which pump should i get that is not very noisy but can move water through the system. i also need help picking a radiator and a reservoir. i dont really have a price range, just nothing over like 700 bucks.
any information would be helpful and thank you for reading my post
14 answers Last reply
More about best liquid cooling pump
  1. i have two gtx 480's water cooled mine are the asus models and i have the DD water blocks for them seems to work well as for pumps i like the 655 series there are lots of versions out there as for rads i have four for mine but i like it that way, it is a bit of overkill. rads depend on fan type or vice versa so what type of fans?
  2. currently i have 2 coolermaster excalibur fans and 2 corsair sp120 fans. since i am getting a new full tower case it might have more fan slots so i will most likely get more of either fans.
  3. ok than low rpm fans mean low FPI rads for you to start i would say 1 360 or better but when you add the second gpu add another rad
  4. i was planning on starting off with a triple 120mm rad or 2 double 120mm rads. if i do have 2 or 3 rads, will i need another pump? and sorry if i sound noobish but what does FPI stand for?
  5. 1 655 series pump can handle 4 rads and 15 blocks maybe more i have not found there limit

FPI fins pre square inch
  6. ok cool, so 1 pump is all ill need. by 655 i assume you mean the swiftech mcp655 correct? i have done a bit of research on it and i came across a few forums that say a 355 with a modded top is actually better. im not sure how much better though. do you think a 655 wuold work well for what i need? and thank you for taking the time to help me out.
  7. the 355 i think is a smaller motor for smaller loops but with the right head it would move the water faster if the system allowed it to, the 355 motor is a faster motor. but may not last as long
  8. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15144/ex-pmp-184/EK_D5_X-Top_Acetal_Pump_Top_CSQ_w_Alphacool_VPP655_Variable_Speed_Pump_Installed.html?tl=g30c107#blank

i really like that pump a lot. do you know anything about it vs the swiftech 655? because the EK definitely looks a lot nice to me but im not sure if i want to spend the extra 50 or so dollars just for looks
  9. it is the same pump with a diffrent head that one allowes for compression fittings to be installed.
  10. are compression fittings necessary? do they improve preformance at all?
  11. no i just like them better than barbs but it is not necessary to use them
  12. ok cool. i think im going to go with that EK one with Swiftech MCR320-XP triple 120mm radiator. thanks so much for ur help. i have learned a bunch
  13. your welcome
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking Product