Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Motherboard Question

Last response: in Motherboards
July 23, 2010 6:54:44 PM

Hello everyone.
Yesterday I purchased a CPU and motherboard and I ordered the wrong CPU by mistake. I got this motherboard: ASRock A780LM-S AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard. Is this motherboard compatible with this CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor ADX240OCK23GQ??

Thanks
Sammy

More about : motherboard question

a c 216 V Motherboard
a c 146 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 23, 2010 7:32:24 PM

Yes. It should work just fine. Have fun!
m
l

Best solution

a c 92 V Motherboard
a c 84 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 23, 2010 7:39:25 PM

They should be. They are both AM3. Here is the CPU support list from ASRock which shows that CPU is support from the first bios. http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=A780LM-S

If you slapped it together and its not working you might have not put it all together correctly. Try taking it apart and making sure its together correctly, no shorting standoffs, etc.
Related resources
July 23, 2010 7:47:14 PM

4745454b said:
They should be. They are both AM3. Here is the CPU support list from ASRock which shows that CPU is support from the first bios. http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=A780LM-S

If you slapped it together and its not working you might have not put it all together correctly. Try taking it apart and making sure its together correctly, no shorting standoffs, etc.

Oh I havent even opened the box yet! Like I said I oredered the wrong CPU so I have to wait on the correct one to come in probably on monday. However since I have it all here now I am tempted to put it together just to see how much better it is than what I currently have. With my luck though I will mess something up and not be able to return the CPU I got today!! LOL.
m
l
July 23, 2010 8:02:49 PM

Best answer selected by SammyBusby.
m
l
a c 92 V Motherboard
a c 84 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 23, 2010 9:31:07 PM

Yeah. If you have the wrong CPU and are waiting for the correct one to be shipped, you are better off just waiting for the correct one to arrive. Its a lot easier to return an unopened thing then something thats already been used.
m
l
!