Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 Driver Issue On Sony Vaio VGN-FE38

Ok,1st thing 1st,
Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 driver not working on my laptop
I install the driver(at 1st i was like running 4 bit and the colors of my dekstop is off,like way off!) under 640x480 4 bit running at my properties,and no matter what and how i configure the settings (without the driver) the settings will auto revert to its 640x480 4 bit color screen reso even do i already configure it and click apply, and for sure its not virus or anything coz i just formatted it and it was a laptop i found in my attic. (just saying,not attic and not bought of course)
And then i install the nvidia driver from the website(sony) and when i try to run it full reso + 32 bit it won't work after i click apply it blank! blackout! I push turn off button and after it boot,it load the Win XP logo and blank!
Then,i pull the battery out and push the on/off button for 30 sec and then boot it,went to safe mode,uninstall the driver,and it all went well again(640x480 4 bit =.=) Are there any solution on this? or is it the chip of the graphics is toast?
i've been google it everywhere i couldn't hit anything,please,any ideas or solution?
1 answer Last reply
More about nvidia geforce 7600 driver issue sony vaio fe38
  1. Try booting from an Ubuntu or Fedora liveCD. if you are able to get higher resolution from that then you know it is a windows or windows driver problem. if it also fails under linux then you know it is a hardware problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Geforce Nvidia Windows XP