Sign in with
Your question

Games not running well anymore, Need new graphics card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 28, 2009 8:35:25 PM

I have been having lag on all my games including WoW and Team fortress 2. I used to be able to run them smoothly on high settings but now on WoW I lag on the lowest settings. WoW is a very easy game to run. This doesn't make any sense at all considering I have windows vista with an nvidia geforce 9100 video card, an amd phenom quad core processor, and 5.7gb RAM

The lag seems kind of strange. For example, WoW will say I am getting 30fps, but it will feel like 3fps. It seems to slow down and speed up rapidly.

I got a new modem and had my isp check my internet connection. So it is not my internet. I reformatted my harddrive and restored my computer to its factory settings so I don't think it is a software problem.

I don't know a lot abbout computers so I would like to know why I could once run games well but then suddenly stop running them well.

It must be a hardware problem, but I'm not sure if it is my video card. your thoughts?
a c 1406 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 28, 2009 8:42:49 PM

It is your card. It is a basic integrated card to give you nice 2d on the screen.
m
l
December 29, 2009 3:55:49 PM

If you have the possibility to insert another harddrive where you do a fresh install of Windows Vista and trying to run some games on there, you will notice if it's a software problem.

If it's harware related: it could be that your powersupply is getting bad which affects your other components as well.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 29, 2009 4:26:49 PM

If you have 9100 card i suggest you upgrade it to atleast 9600 or maybe 9800
check the power supply and system specs again
Good luck
m
l
a c 86 U Graphics card
December 29, 2009 4:34:34 PM

dust in the heatsink(s) causing it to overheat and throttle down?
m
l
!