Corsair Force 3 90gb SSD in Raid 0 help!!

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hey there guys. I am going to be getting a second Corsair 90gb SSD to run in Raid 0 in my system. Only reason is because I will be getting a great deal from one of my friends for this. Now, my question is.. how the hell do I do it? lol

These are my system specs:

i5-2500k
Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3
GTX 560ti

I don't know what else, if anything would be relevant, but if you need to know just ask! Thanks for all the help for a newb on this guys! Also.. is it worth it? Aside from the nice increase in ssd storage, will I notice a big difference over a normal 180g or even 240g ssd? Thanks again!

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
The speed moving big files around, loading games and apps, etc will be awesome. Just go into your BIOS, enable RAID for your Intel controller, reboot, enter the RAID BIOS, and put the 2 drives into a RAID-0 stripe. This should be detailed in your manual. Also, be sure to have the 2 drives connected to the 2 x SATA3/6Gb connectors on your MOBO.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
So yea, the process will depend on your motherboard. Usually you will have to enable RAID in your BIOS, Then some BIOS' will let you see all 6 (or whatever) ports and you can select which ports have drives you wish to RAID (obviously leave the CD drive out), Some may require you to reboot after enabling RAID, going back into the BIOS to set the ports as i just described. Then when you reboot, there will be a POST screen for your RAID array and a hotkey to get into that configuration. Your going to have to do a fresh/clean install BTW.

TRENDING THREADS