Laptop GFX

FoRRzY

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Hi recently it was my birthday and i got a new laptop. As i like to do gaming i was wonderign if i could change my gfx card in the laptop. i checked the internet but couldnt find anything it is a
Sony VAIO - VGN-NW24S. dont know what other Info will be need. the normal gfx card is mobile intel 4
thanks in advance.

The type of gfx would be good enough to play cod4 or codmw2.

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Download GPU-Z and see what your GPU is,also as rolli said you can't upgrade it's GPU,there are few laptops such some AW and Sager models which allow users to upgrade GPU

Yeah, the think with laptops is that you can't upgrade their graphics at all. They are build on the main board in most cases, or a small preprietery daughter board. This is why most model laptops only have one or two other graphics cards choices. This is why most gamers don't go with laptops. I just helped my parents buy a laptop and a 4650 graphics card was a $200 option. Granted I had a $400 off coupon if the laptop was $1,099 or more, so it was all but free. And this this thing just gets by with MW2 and Left4Dead2. That is probably close to the minimum of what I would suggest. But again, you have to get a laptop with this from the getgo.

FoRRzY

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Would it be possible to get the motherboard renewed with a different gfx card to put in the same laptop.

IF it's part of the product line (as in if thee was a higher model available at time of launch), but even that would cost you significant amount of money to the point that building a gaming desktop makes more sense.

The laptop you have, has a low-end CPU, and surface mounted graphics, plus a very small chassis which would be terrible for heat disipation of either a bgger CPU or GPU; the only upgrade path is replacement in this case.