Sign in with
Your question

Best Disk Cloning software

Last response: in Storage
December 15, 2011 4:44:51 PM

Hello,

my system partition/drive is starting to go out. I have purchased a newer HDD to use and need advice on the best cloning software. I would have tried RAID XPERT on my computer but I have not been able to get it to work and I'm short on time to debug the issues.

Thanks in advance!

My Os is Win7 x64 Ultimate.

More about : disk cloning software

a c 386 G Storage
December 15, 2011 5:36:17 PM

The best one is the one that works for you. ;) 

I've used clonezilla successfully. You might even try your drive manufacturer's web site. WD has a custom version of Acronis True Image which works well with their drives. Some other drive manufactures have also put out clone utilities.

Clonezilla:
http://clonezilla.org/

Easeus Backup works well too.
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-so...
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2011 6:10:45 PM

somehow the system performed the double post.
m
l
a b G Storage
December 15, 2011 7:07:42 PM

whenever i migrate/clone harddrives for someone i use easeus partition master. it's free and nearly fool-proof.

m
l
January 11, 2012 12:13:48 AM

oh, I have one free recommend: EaseUS Todo Backup Free (http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-so...), it supports disk clone and partition clone. You can clone whole disk with system on to the new disk and then change the startup sequence of your computer to make the computer boot from the new hard disk. Everything is OK.
It works well with Windows 7. Besides, you can also use it to backup your system in case of system failure.
m
l
a c 386 G Storage
January 11, 2012 10:52:49 AM

I already mentioned Easeus under your other post which I linked to.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 11, 2012 11:01:40 AM

This next topics has been merged by Nikorr
  • Best Disk Cloning software
    m
    l
    a c 316 G Storage
    January 11, 2012 12:02:25 PM

As a rambling aside

I use Norton Ghost 8.0. I think that that was the 2003 version. Not that I'm recommending it to anyone, but it does almost everything that I need and has the smallest image-file size of any of the five tools that I have tested. Those tools are Clonezilla, EASEUS ToDo Backup, and I forget the names of the other two.

The one thing that it will not do is partition an SSD properly for Win7. So I either use Parted Magic to do a secure erase and pre-partition, or EASEUS.

Why did I bother to post this? Just to say that there are a lot of perfectly good alternatives. And Ghost 8.0 does something for me that the others do not (at least, I've played with them and not been able to do it), which is to restore single files from a disk image backup. I know that Acronis does this well.
    m
    l
    a b G Storage
    January 12, 2012 1:24:39 AM

Grumpy_Old_Man said:
    Hello,

my system partition/drive is starting to go out. I have purchased a newer HDD to use and need advice on the best cloning software. I would have tried RAID XPERT on my computer but I have not been able to get it to work and I'm short on time to debug the issues.

Thanks in advance!

My Os is Win7 x64 Ultimate.

Hi,
    It seems you need to upgrade your hard drive, and you could refers to this article about “how to upgrade your hard drive with the reliable clone software
    m
    l
    !