Grumpy_Old_Man

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hello,

my system partition/drive is starting to go out. I have purchased a newer HDD to use and need advice on the best cloning software. I would have tried RAID XPERT on my computer but I have not been able to get it to work and I'm short on time to debug the issues.

Thanks in advance!

My Os is Win7 x64 Ultimate.

As a rambling aside

I use Norton Ghost 8.0. I think that that was the 2003 version. Not that I'm recommending it to anyone, but it does almost everything that I need and has the smallest image-file size of any of the five tools that I have tested. Those tools are Clonezilla, EASEUS ToDo Backup, and I forget the names of the other two.

The one thing that it will not do is partition an SSD properly for Win7. So I either use Parted Magic to do a secure erase and pre-partition, or EASEUS.

Why did I bother to post this? Just to say that there are a lot of perfectly good alternatives. And Ghost 8.0 does something for me that the others do not (at least, I've played with them and not been able to do it), which is to restore single files from a disk image backup. I know that Acronis does this well.

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

Hi,
It seems you need to upgrade your hard drive, and you could refers to this article about “how to upgrade your hard drive with the reliable clone software