Core2 dou vs i3 processor

Hello,
Wondering if some one could please suggest which one of these processors is better for internet browsing& college studies.

Thanx
4 answers Last reply
More about core2 processor
  1. Abs77 said:
    Hello,
    Wondering if some one could please suggest which one of these processors is better for internet browsing& college studies.

    Thanx


    Really a single core processor would do you. But from what i gathered, the i3 performed a little better. Its cheaper as well.

    Uber
  2. Welocme to the Forum's newcomer!

    There are a few things you'd need to know before we tackle the question. Internet browsing is based upon three things.

    1) Your Internet Service Provider
    2) The cable dealing the data transmission / signal strength
    3) Browser software

    Google chrome is by far the most appreciated browser on the net. I've been using it ever since it came into existence. Check this out -

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-chrome-opera,2558.html

    and nowadays people opt for a higher processor and ram combo because they game, render or mayb edit photos - using applications that deal little or loads of stress on your processor with possibilities for an upgrade

    look into the amd x4 series they are better than a core2quad and they are about the same price.

    amd phenom II x4 955BE
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103808&cm_re=amd_x4-_-19-103-808-_-Product

    if your still fixed on intel

    core2duo
    http://www.newegg.com/product/ProductList.aspx?N=1050722265&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=343&Tpk=core%202%20duo

    core i3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=core+i3&x=0&y=0

    as the above poster mentioned - you could pull off your work with a P4 LGA 775 :S
  3. UberGenocide said:
    Really a single core processor would do you. But from what i gathered, the i3 performed a little better. Its cheaper as well.

    Uber



    Thanx for ur advise,would talk to computer shop people as they are charging me bit more than i thought for i3.
  4. Abs77 said:
    Thanx for ur advise,would talk to computer shop people as they are charging me bit more than i thought for i3.


    The reason being that the i3 has to have newer motherboards than the core 2. Even though the CPU itself is cheaper, the hardware that has to come with it will be a little more expensive because its newer. "top of the line" if you will.

    Uber
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs College Processors Internet Product