Your question
Closed

Computer freezing.

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 13, 2011 8:28:09 PM

Hello everyone. I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but from what I saw it seemed the most fitting. For the past month or so I have been having problems with my computer freezing. All sound will stop, it becomes completely unresponsive, the mouse won't move, I can't ctrl+alt+del, nothing works. It does not turn off because the monitor stays on with everything I was doing still on it, but it just freezes. The strangest thing is this only happens when I step away from my computer. As long as I am sitting at the computer it won't freeze, but when I step away form it, even for 10 seconds, that is when it happens. It does not happen every time I leave it, but when it does happen I have stepped away from it. What might be the best way to fix this? I read that perhaps I should reboot from the windows 7 cd and re-install, but before I do anything I want to check with the community here. Thank in advance.

More about : computer freezing

Related resources
October 14, 2011 1:19:02 AM

I ran the first test for about an hour and a half and came back with no errors. It said to run it for at least 20 minutes so I did extra to make sure.
Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 14, 2011 1:38:10 AM

OK, 1 down, few more to go : )

Run #1 and #2 @ http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/8263-63-simple-free-g...
October 14, 2011 1:41:35 AM

Edit to my above post, it says to run it in safe mode with networking, and I have not done that before, so I will try that. I also run spybot weekly, but should I also run that in safe mode?
Score
October 14, 2011 3:41:17 AM

Well, when I ran Malewarebytes in safemode it found nothing, but spybot found 30 problems. So we will see if that helps. I ram CCleaner too.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 14, 2011 8:27:28 AM

fcdwn777 said:
Well, when I ran Malewarebytes in safemode it found nothing, but spybot found 30 problems. So we will see if that helps. I ram CCleaner too.

So, any news?
Score
October 14, 2011 8:29:02 AM

Everything seems to be fine thus far, but it will most likely take a couple of days to know for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed and thanks for the help.
Score
October 14, 2011 8:29:13 AM

Best answer selected by fcdwn777.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 14, 2011 8:59:37 AM

Fingers crossed it stays that way for u : )
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 14, 2011 8:59:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
!