Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Want t OC my CPU but my pc is factory made

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2010 1:52:41 AM

i got an intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8ghz and im looking to overclock it, but i cant do it from the BIOS. is there any way i can overclock without using the BIOS?

More about : cpu factory made

March 8, 2010 1:57:51 AM

megagabobe1 said:
i got an intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8ghz and im looking to overclock it, but i cant do it from the BIOS. is there any way i can overclock without using the BIOS?

To be honest there are software that you can use but they can damage your computer. (If you don't know what you are doing)
The best is Bios, but what brand of computer do you have? I don't trust software overclocking.
m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2010 11:19:14 AM

Possibly, specs please!!
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2010 11:27:08 PM

Keiki646 said:
To be honest there are software that you can use but they can damage your computer. (If you don't know what you are doing)
The best is Bios, but what brand of computer do you have? I don't trust software overclocking.

is a compaq presario sg3515la
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 8, 2010 11:33:06 PM

Anonymous said:
Possibly, specs please!!

MSI MS-7525 motherboard, nvidia geforce 8800 ultra, intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz, 4 gigs of ram, 600w power supply
m
l
March 9, 2010 3:27:48 AM

megagabobe1 said:
MSI MS-7525 motherboard, nvidia geforce 8800 ultra, intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz, 4 gigs of ram, 600w power supply

Not bad for a system but as I said before that I think you would want to think about using a overclock software.
Use At Your Own Risk....
Think about it and before you want to overclock it with any software. It would be best to read guides on the basic overclocking.
I don't want to see you doing something to your computer and then see you be piss at the fact that you damaged your own computer.

Best thing to do is read guides and later in the future you can overclock.
Note with a stock heatsink cooler switch you have, it wouldn't do much in trying to keep the CPU cool if you trying to overclocking it.
Aftermarket heatsink cooling devices are the best
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 9, 2010 12:27:50 PM

ok, thx for snwer, io will look for hetsinks
m
l

Best solution

March 9, 2010 12:46:43 PM

megagabobe1 said:
ok, thx for snwer, io will look for hetsinks

Read the guide here on basic overclocking.
If not, if that doesn't help you understand it then you can Youtube video on a basic overclock.
Since you have a MSI motherboard, I think it would be best that you would want to search on Youtube on the steps.
Once you understand it. it would become easy. But it takes time.

Just let me know about your choice in heatsink for your E7400 (775 Socket)
a b à CPUs
March 9, 2010 11:50:29 PM

Keiki646 said:
Read the guide here on basic overclocking.
If not, if that doesn't help you understand it then you can Youtube video on a basic overclock.
Since you have a MSI motherboard, I think it would be best that you would want to search on Youtube on the steps.
Once you understand it. it would become easy. But it takes time.

Just let me know about your choice in heatsink for your E7400 (775 Socket)

kay, thx man
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 18, 2010 10:12:44 PM

Best answer selected by megagabobe1.
m
l
!