USB Headers Don't Work

Hi, I have an EVGA X58 SLI LE, and the USB headers don't seem to work anymore.

I had one plugged into the FireWire/USB 2.0 bracket and the other was plugged into the front panel. They both used to work, however neither work now, no USB devices are recognised in the front panel USB ports. To make sure that it wasn't the front panel's fault, I tried the FireWire/USB 2.0 bracket and devices don't work from there either.

I disabled the three 'HID-compliant device' options in Device Manager (it helped boost my FPS in F.E.A.R. significantly, there is a glitch where with these enabled the FPS drops to 40 FPS or so) and all my USB ports still worked except the headers. I enabled it again and they headers still did not work. Any ideas?

Also this may seem irrelevant but I think it may be - I used to run six fans on the board, the max, and one fan would not run, I'm thinking the board didn't provide enough power - could this mean a bad board or something?

Solution
The USB runs off the system BUS. If you are overclocking the system BUS, try removing the overclcok and defaulting the BIOS.

Hmm. Can you manually disable or enable each header/USB port with the BIOS? I don't think it's the BIOS because I haven't done anything in the BIOS for a while, but I will check it out. Can't do a restore point lol, I don't set those up often if at all and the earliest point was after it stopped working, it just never bothered me until now.

I will try to find new drivers, just wondering, did you link the wrong driver by accident? That INF driver says that it doesn't solve USB or AGP problems.

Thanks for the response, this is very strange lol.

Alright, trying that now. :D

I had the system overclocked for a bit and the USB ran fine, it's back at stock now.

Should I still try loading defaults?

EDIT: Tried that MS thingy... didn't do anything, just recognise that the HID devices were off.

Yes try loading defaults for a while and see if it helps

Maziar. Badge.

I am really, really sorry, for wasting your time.

I thought the FireWire headers were USB 2.0... and I had them mixed around the WHOLE TIME. I only noticed now when I saw the C1394 code right behind the header my USB connection was plugged in... then I realised... yeah.

Swapped them around, now the headers are in the right place. Must have happened when I decided to redo the cable management and add new fans.

Problem fixed.... :pfff:

Really sorry guys. Have a facepalm on me. :D

Sorry for taking so long to reply, internet decided to die.

OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you did that!!!!!!!

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/OQSNhk5ICTI&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]