Sign in with
Your question

Icons will not appear

Last response: in Windows XP
July 20, 2012 9:27:49 PM

Hello,
When I do shortcut on window xp It says create icons but they never appear on desktop does any one know what can be done?

More about : icons

July 23, 2012 9:39:10 PM

bratt_71 said:
Hello,
When I do shortcut on window xp It says create icons but they never appear on desktop does any one know what can be done?

Use the "Send to" Menu
July 25, 2012 5:38:17 PM

How are you creating the shortcut? Ar you right-clicking on the desktop and selecting new->shortcut, or are you selecting an executable file and right-clicking and creating a shortcut?

The first way makes a shortcut on your desktop. The second way creates a shortcut in the current folder. If you created a shortcut within a folder, simply drag it to your desktop.
Related resources
August 1, 2012 1:04:33 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
How are you creating the shortcut? Ar you right-clicking on the desktop and selecting new->shortcut, or are you selecting an executable file and right-clicking and creating a shortcut?

The first way makes a shortcut on your desktop. The second way creates a shortcut in the current folder. If you created a shortcut within a folder, simply drag it to your desktop.

Thanks for responding. Some how my Icons were in my folder had to move all of them to desktop. I have no idea how that happened, but I figured it out on my own.bratt_71
August 1, 2012 1:13:04 PM

The desktop cleanup wizard might be turned on and it will stick all your shortcuts in a folder.

1. right click an empty spot on the desktop and select properties.
2. On the desktop tab, click the customize desktop button.
3.uncheck the box for run desktop cleanup wizard every 60 days.
4. click ok button on all screens.
August 1, 2012 11:07:10 PM

Thanks will try that
!