Computer Freezes, sound goes wild.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Hello community!

I'm having a rather large problem of my computer freezing, and the sound loops the last split second. This can happen 5 minutes after boot up, or 48+ hours. The computer never crashes while on login screen, if that information helps. I have reformatted and reinstalled Windows, and updated my graphics drivers.

I'm open to all suggestions and will give as much feedback as possible, while browsing some other threads with people experiencing the same problems, I looked at my temperatures, with both CPU and HDD running below 40*C, and graphics card running at 70*C (which is average for 8800 GTX)

If you require anything like HijackThis or DxDiag, please say and I will post the results.

I'm currently unable to buy any new hardware, student life FTL. So any solutions incorporating this factor would be amazing.

Hope to hear from you soon, Community.

Kyle.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
I have been running Win7 for over a year, and the adviser said I was fully compatiable.

I have also done an upgrade and full install. None of these were even close (months) near when errors started happening.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Just an update, running Memtest and it has gone past 140% coverage, taken over an hour with 0 errors.
Going to run Windows Memory Diagnostic and will be back tomorrow morning.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Okay I have run WMD through the night and logged back on, no pop ups or anything have prompted me about the test, so I imagine all went well. It's taken 2 freezing attempts to write just this messege!

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
So, my computer froze again while playing the video. I went away for 5 minutes with it still frozen and came back to see it had moved on in the film, but was still frozen. The sound had also passed to a second or two later in the video.

I guess what this means is that it is not completely frozen, but incredibly laggy?

Anyone have any ideas?

Try this guide, run #1 and #2 @ http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/8263-63-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
So, I cannot load into safe mode, it stops at classpnp.sys. I researched about it and found classpnp.sys to be in some cases a malicious file. I put in my win7 installation disk, opened up command prompt and tried to go through the tutorial on how to fix this. Unfortunatly, the only directory avaliable through the win7 disc was x:\ (boot/bios directory) so restarted, logged back into win7 normally and found that i am now unable to open up any web pages, but can still connect to the internet and some services, like Ventrillo

I can now not change the classpnp.sys file as I don't have the correct authority, even though I am an administrator. I have downloaded a program to overwrite this authority. I will chnge the file, then load into safe mode and continue with the malwarebytes etc stuff you old me to do.

If this still doesn't work, and I still cannot view webpages I will reformat, again (for the third time this week) and load Windows XP instead.

I am now on my laptop to type this, as this laptop is wireless, and let's me connect to anything.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Safemode won't start now due to disk.sys not loading. Problem after problem.

Going to do what you suggested but not in safemode as thats the only thing I can think of doing untill you reply.

As I typed this safemode loading stopped and reloaded my computer.

Computer, why you no work?

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Alright, now the computer gets to the OS loading screen then automatically restarts. Going to do a repair of the OS. Guess changing the driver was the incorrect thing to do, as I intially expected when reading through the guide.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Okay Windows Repair allowed me back onto my computer. I turned of Avast, and can now access webpages.

Continuing with Malwarebytes etc. Will post again in an hour or so when it has finnished scanning.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Malewarebytes found rogue.errorrepairproffesional, which from some research I found wouldn't cause the errors i've been having. Going to run another scan, just to be on the safe side.

Will do #2 soon.

KyleR_21

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Hey I'm back, reinstalled Win7 as the XP disc seemed to have some sort of error. It is a very old disc so no suprise there.

First thing I did when I came back to my desktop computer was run
ComboFix
Spybot S&D
Malwarebytes

Both Spybot + Malwarebytes found nothing, and I have the log from ComboFix too if you need it. I read through it and found nothing to be worried about.

So, what's next on the agenda?

TRENDING THREADS